Effects of undivided ext. gate spacer on divided manifold & turbine housing

Yeah I'm pretty doubtful that exhaust flow in a header or manifold will ever be sufficiently illuminated by the age-old "seeya right here, if'n ya hook up yer garden hose and just look at it, you'll get it" analogy.

Thanks for playing, good night LOL

No.
While heat plays a role in the velocity, it is NOT a byproduct of heat, in this application velocity is mostly a function of piston speed, bore size/primary tube diameter relationship.

The garden hose analogy is ridiculous, it is entirely possible for the water to maintain the same speed through all of them, there isn't enough info given. Water and garden hoses don't act like exhaust gas and header tubes.

Wait, what makes this happen? Oh yea, expansion of super heated gasses...hmmmm

Second bold, um no. Its called Bernoulli's Principle which is the basic foundation for moving any fluid or gas through a medium. Gasses will be exaggerated due to the formation of turbulence.

Bernoulli's Principle Animation

Wait, what makes this happen? Oh yea, expansion of super heated gasses...hmmmm[/url]

Correct, however that doesn't determine velocity.

Second bold, um no. Its called Bernoulli's Principle which is the basic foundation for moving any fluid or gas through a medium. Gasses will be exaggerated due to the formation of turbulence.

Bernoulli's Principle Animation

I understand that, but you included no information on the volume or flow rate of the water, not to mention the layout of the "hose" system, making what I said still ring true. You could have all three of your hoses, mounted vertically, with the water flowing towards the earth with at one gpm...
All I was trying to say is that what you were saying is a ridiculous example that lacks the necessary information to prove a point, that couldn't be proven using the analogy anyways.

ED Gate

Hello,
I need some help, I just installed a Ed Gate.
the 2 fittings that run off housing, where do
I run them. And what will I need, thank you.

Hello,
I need some help, I just installed a Ed Gate.
the 2 fittings that run off housing, where do
I run them. And what will I need, thank you.

Those are air fittings to help open and close the waste gate, the size is 1/4"npt and the other side should be a barb or quick disconnect for 1/4" air line. The top port holds the waste gate closed and the bottom port is to help open the gate at the desired time. You will also need a pressure regulator in front of the bottom port so that you can tune where it opens. Some folks use drive pressure to hold the top of the gate closed, I personally use manifold pressure on the top just so the air is cleaner and cooler. You are simply setting up a pressure difference in order for the gate to come open at a set boost pressure that you do not want to exceed in your application. So you need some 1/4" air line, 1/4" npt fittings, and a pressure regulator. The intake horn is a good spot to get manifold pressure . Hope that helps.

Back