EFI installed, not good

Most of the codes are go the EGR crap and one is fuel rail pressure to low and fuel delivery pump pressure to high

I didn't start the thead to bash my tuner, just seeing if anyone has had the problems

It has been arrested and will be taken care of
Nick from Cummins Tuner done the tune and will take care of it later todayI'm very new to this EFI stuff and was just seeing about info and not thrashing anybody about this

What Dave is talking about was getting stuff shipped, there were a few delays

Just a guess

Also remember that the 6.7L software is still a pre-release version. I'm sure things will be alot better once the public version is released.

Last edited:
i havent even got to use mine yet. I guess Ca trucks have different codes

Most of the codes are go the EGR crap and one is fuel rail pressure to low and fuel delivery pump pressure to high

I didn't start the thead to bash my tuner, just seeing if anyone has had the problems

It has been arrested and will be taken care of
Nick from Cummins Tuner done the tune and will take care of it later today
I'm very new to this EFI stuff and was just seeing about info and not thrashing anybody about this

What Dave is talking about was getting stuff shipped, there were a few delays

Highly modded trucks take a bit of time and at times trial and error. The highly modded 6.7's are new to everyone tuning with EFI. I'm sure Nick will get you straightened out. Just remember, EFI is just a tool and will be the best route to the goals you are looking for.

So, who tuned it?

Don't quit your day job Detective Swole.....

Oh phuck you are a cop ROTFLMAO

Don't quit your day job Detective Swole.....

Oh phuck you are a cop ROTFLMAO

So much for my detective skills!! LOL

Guess I need to learn to refresh my phone screen from earlier before posting a question quickly... Just forgot.

My bad...

Also remember that the 6.7L software is still a pre-release version. I'm sure things will be alot better once the public version is released.

Nick is part of the beta team, I'd suggest that the OP already has access to what will be made available in the public release.

As Rob pointed out, modified trucks take time to be dialled in. Base tune, data log, refine tune and repeat the process until it's running the way the customer wants.

Nick's tuning is first class, I'll suggest that time and communication is what's needed to get this truck dialled in, but if I'm wrong and it's software enhancements then we are up for the challenge.

Cheers
Cindy

Nick is part of the beta team, I'd suggest that the OP already has access to what will be made available in the public release.

As Rob pointed out, modified trucks take time to be dialled in. Base tune, data log, refine tune and repeat the process until it's running the way the customer wants.

Nick's tuning is first class, I'll suggest that time and communication is what's needed to get this truck dialled in, but if I'm wrong and it's software enhancements then we are up for the challenge.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks for clearing that up.

im glad to see a positive outcome for a thread that had the potential to get really ugly.

Theres your probelm...

He is getting it straightened out, I just have to do some data logging to get all the bugs worked out, he's a little hard to get ahold of but the truck runs and no issuses now

The truck set for 5 weeks and the batteries being low didn't help for the first test drive, I only have 4 codes now not 10 like before and no rail pressure issues

But everybody has a opinion !

Like said above modded trucks aren't done the first tune !!!!

He is getting it straightened out, I just have to do some data logging to get all the bugs worked out, he's a little hard to get ahold of but the truck runs and no issuses now

The truck set for 5 weeks and the batteries being low didn't help for the first test drive, I only have 4 codes now not 10 like before and no rail pressure issues

But everybody has a opinion !

Like said above modded trucks aren't done the first tune !!!!

Good deal. Glad you got everything straightened out.

Its interesting you bring up low batteries as a possible cause of problems. I recently ran into a situation with an 03 truck with major mods.

Its interesting you bring up low batteries as a possible cause of problems. I recently ran into a situation with an 03 truck with major mods.

I've noticed that a loose connection or low batteries plays havock with them. We had an 08 recently that went nutz on the highway because of a loose connection. Head lights started flickering, all the guages started flipping out. It threw p0700 and p2509. Truck ended up dieing on the side of the road. Batteries were only a little over a year old. Turns out some water (from a blown hg) got on the terminals. Cldn't see the corrosion until we took them off to inspect.

Found my main problem today, drovethe truck yesterday to data log some ran great

Drove the truck today and the same problem came back, come to find out it's the FCA on the LB7 pump, wiggle the connection and it pegs the rail pressure gauge and throws the codes for low rail pressure, witch it says see dealer now on the over head display, while driving the truck the rail pressure was up and down and the would set at 29 k

Freind of mine that's a mechanic would wiggle the connection to the second pump and it would idel rough and sputter when I let off the throttle

But the D-Max pump I got is used and the people I got it from new nothing about it, the twin pump kit has only been on my truck since august

Like Cindy and Idaho Rob said the modded trucks are more complex

So if anybody has similar problems it might be like mine and not nesesaraly the tune

Nick went over my file with a fine tooth comb and said it was fine but since I got to data log some hopefully that helps too

So I'll change the FCA and do more data logging and get it lined out and when I get home from Virginia dyno the dam thing

Nick has been a big help and Chris at Engineered Diesel

Sorry for the novel but now you know my problem !!!!!

Back