EFILive Cummins 5.9L Boosted Launch

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
As posted earlier today on our forum.....chart and video are courtesy of Doghouse Diesel

For those that have been waiting on some more power during launch, Ross found that limiter and we tried it out yesterday.

BoostLaunch.jpg

This is a video clip of what the truck sounded like at launch BEFORE this parameter was found.....

Shift Defueling.wmv - YouTube

This, along with full fueling to 5,000RPM (and hopefully a couple of more surprises) will be in our next public software release.

Cheers
Cindy

Holy crap that thing still gets out and moves! Can't wait to see how it does with the limiter removed!

Will this new update resolve the issue that starlite discussed with you about my trucks computer having a different number?

Will this new update resolve the issue that starlite discussed with you about my trucks computer having a different number?

Are you referring to this thread? efi live problem - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

We added support for your truck the day we received the file from Zach. In addition to sending the file back to Zach that same day, support for your truck has been included in the last 2 updates we've made.

Is this what you are referring to? or something else?

If you are referring to will these changes be made to your OS in this release, the answer is YES. When we release a feature for an ECM type the feature is available in all OS's - it's an all or nothing proposition for us; unless of course a certain OS doesn't support that function. It's also dependant on the features of the truck; in this case this function is only applicable for Auto trucks.

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:
Can't stop watching this video EFI Support posted.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl36DP7MFrw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl36DP7MFrw[/ame]

have any videos after the fix?

Mike, that's my truck.

That was when we were looking for that limiter.

It has no issue launching now. If anything I have to ease off the throttle so it's not making too much boost.

Trying to think if I have any current videos. I don't think I got any good one this summer.

Last edited:
I see no reason for a fix.. I thought that "limitation" sounded like a 2step.. I like.

You can set it up as a 2-step.

There is a parameter for setting the max RPM while the vehicle is stationary or in neutral that you can use as a 2-step.

Once you figure out the RPM that you want to launch at, just set it there, stand on the brakes and mat the pedal.

You can set it up as a 2-step.

There is a parameter for setting the max RPM while the vehicle is stationary or in neutral that you can use as a 2-step.

Once you figure out the RPM that you want to launch at, just set it there, stand on the brakes and mat the pedal.

This is awesome.

Back