EGR Cooler Delete & More

Hows The Hose Doing.......i Hear All Kinds Of Smack About Them Failing.....hows It Look So Far?

What fittings did you use for the coolant hose on the intake manifold? The square block and threaded hose fitting. Thanks Ryan

be careful with fully wrapping your exhaust manifolds and uppipes/downpipe with that wrap.. also i used the thermotec wrap, and there was NO copper on them anywhere, it was a fiberglass wrap cloth w/fiberglass particles..

the reason i say be careful is that you really don't wanna drive the vehicle in the rain or wet conditions once you wrap it, it will cause you problems in the not so distant future. once you wrap everything with cloth and get it wet, the cloth retains the moisture and the rate at which things will rust starts increasing dramatically. i realize the d/p is probably stainless, but ask any old school hotrodder who ever wrapped his headers how many seasons he got before they were cracked completely all the way thru and he had to buy new headers .. usually about 2 years tops...

like i say i wrapped mine, and used stainless ties also, but i only wrapped the turbine housing itself and the first few inches of the downpipe. wrapping the entire downpipe will do NOTHING for performance, as the whole idea is to get the heat energy TO the turbo, and after the turbo you want to dissipate it, not keep it in.. hence the reason you are probably seeing long wait for cool down..
i have NO issues with cooldown time.., i also painted my exhaust manifolds with high temp coating when i had them off, but decided against wrapping them as it has only caused problems in the past.
CIMG0480.jpg

CIMG0465.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

Good observation! I've seen similar results of wrapping as well. Particularly up here with salt.

Thanks for the comments; I'll keep an eye on things over the years.

The turbo insulating kit came with some wrap for the downpipe. I used it as directed. I think the theory is wrapping the downpipe keeps the exhaust a bit hotter after the turbo extracts the energy out of it, thus producing slightly faster gas flow and reduced back pressure. Things seem to be working great so far, mpg is definitely up a good 1.5, 2.0 in some driving conditions. Still very pleased with the results.

Back