EGR delete/ grid heater

dirtydiesel

Hey guys I tried to search for this but came up with nothing. I blocked the egr on my truck and its starting to leak, so i just want to get rid of it all. I was looking at the delete tubes from screamin diesel, My truck is an 06 LBZ I was wondering do I need the grid heater? would I be ok without it in the winter?... thanks in advance

The grid heater is just for emissions purposes. The LBZ was the first DMax to have one. The Glow plugs handle cold starting chores.
I know nothing about screamin diesel but I have a delete kit form Creatures of the night performance (the original) and ProFab (Rick D Lance) makes some nice pieces too. Most kits don't supply an LB7 up-pipe where your blocker plate is but they are easy to find. I have 2 myself, haha.

I was thinking about just cutting the piece off that goes to the cooler and welding a patch over it if i cant find an LB7 pipe...Ill have to check those companys out ... Thanks for the help

This is what I did to hold me over till I did the up-pipes. It's a "thick blocker plate w/ tab" from ProFab.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok, i have one more question do i have to get the grid heater turned off so it doesnt set a code?

Yes but I'm unsure of what codes are set to not report as I don't do my own tuning.

rick has a very nice 3inch egr delete kit its the extreme flow tubing a bridge its super nice and clean

Back