EGR Delete

jeremy153624

Im gonna help my friend do a EGR delete on their truck, I was wondering what kits everyone has used and things to look out for. Thanks

I personally used performance machining manufacturings kit but if I had to do over I would buy Sinisters kit. Its pretty self explanatory just be patient and dont get in a hurry about it. FYI sinister has their instructions online for a reference as well.

Ok i was looking into the sinister kits, about how long does it take to do it?

We tell our customers to expect 3-5 hours. Really depends on how stubborn those stock coolers want to be. Really tight fit and just takes patience to wiggle them out. Once they're out of the way, the new stuff should install in no time.

If he's running big 250+ performance tunes and hot-rods it quite a bit, he may want to look into a wastegated system to keep drive pressures low. Let us know if we can help, we carry each style.

Wide Open Performance - Online Store

Ill have to talk to her and see what she wants to do, I like the wastgate idea

When I did mine I believe it took us close to 4-5 hours just because we werent in a hurry about it. I run H&S performances 250 tune and havent had any problems yet but then again I dont hot rod it or anything like that either. Best bet would be to figure out what the long term goal of the truck is because the waste gated kits get pretty expensive but worth it if truck is going to be raced or pulled with.

Im pretty sure its just gonna be a DD, so i think the wastegated setup is a little extreme. Thanks for all of your input everyone!

What was wrong with performance machine? Thinking about buying a ling block 6.4 from them.

the performance machine kit didnt come with and bolts or such just had the plates where sinister and flo-pros kits have all the hardware already with it for install

Back