Egr question, trouble shoot help

Btp 2332

Im posting for a friend who has a 2003 Ford 6.0 dually in the shop for an unknown egr, boost problem and hoping you guys can shed some light. He stated that with a loaded trailer between 1900-2100 rpm he beleives the egr valve is opening and causing the turbo to flutter and lose boost. He also stated that when he unplugs the egr the truck runs fine and does not surge or flutter. Any ideas what would be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Its obvously something with the valve just looking for ideas to get the truck fixed. Thank you in advance.

Any codes? Has he tried cleaning the egr valve? May be good time for delete.

I will get in touch with him this morning and see if there were codes. I agree with deletes I couldnt wait to do my dodge.

Have it mysteriously fall of the truck and don't look back and while things are mysteriously falling off the truck misplace the cat while you'er at it. I can neither confirm nor deny that either of those items are on or not on my 06 F350.

I just talked to him again and advised him about deleting, that was the first thing I did on my dodge and the best thing I did. He stated that he even had another egr valve at the shop, swaped those and it did the same thing. Swapped map sensors off an ambulance with the same motor next to his shop, same thing. He thinks theres something in the ecm thats telling the truck to open the valve and bleed off for whatever reason. I told him its going to be cheaper in the long run to delete it then to keep replacing so will see what he does.

Back