Egr question

dieselsmoke08

I'm going to get my cat and muffler cut off today and I already bought the blocker plate and finger stick just haven't put it on yet. Will it go into limp mode? I'm going to put the plate and stick on tomorrow but wanted to Make sure I could drive it and just have a cel light on and not go into limp mode

Finger sticks are so antique technology! Get it efilive tuned and you'll never have a light or performance issue related to the delete.

If you use the finger stick it won't throw a code or limp. That's what it's for. Like said above the finger stick was used before the options that exist today came about. Get it Efi live tuned and don't look back.

to answer your question it will not limp if the cel comes on, my truck never even turned the cel on when I took my cat off. You can also block the egr and run it without the finger stick, when i deleted my egr i drove it with the cel on for about a month before I could get celab to turn it off with efi live, It was throwing codes for the egr and the intake heater it never limped.

Federal emissions or california? Mine only set a CEL when lugging up a long hill, and didn't limp when it did.

Did your fuel mileage get any better? My neighbor has an 08. Want better mileage

If you could afford it. Go with EFI Live and do a full egr delete including an lb7 pass up pipe.

Back