EGT Probe

Smokinrebel

Had to replace my manifold and broke the EGT probe in process, where can I get just the probe end and not the whole gauge?

ARbowhunter showed me this site McMaster-Carr and said it was a standard "k" style, but there seems to be a pile of "k" styles.

any help?

Thanks
Brian

iirc, a "k" type probe is 2 wire. if i can find it, i had a new k type probe from a W/M kit that i didnt need. pay the shipping and its yours. i'll go through the garage today when i get of work and see if i can find it. i know that JEGS and Summit sell just the probe. ive used diffenrt k type probes with several differnt gauges and never had a problem.

A K and a J are both 2 wire, as best I remember a K type is quicker to respond and will also register high enough for these trucks.

This might help

Says EEP

When i took it off i disconnected the (2) wires just like shown on ones im finding on internet. Just want to make sure i am getting right one. Sorry for ignorance.

A K type thermocouple is a standard part . but you need a close tip for diesel exhaust. on gas motors we use the open type , thie open type , meaning the tip is open and exposing the wires will burn out fairly quickly.

there are 1/8 and 1/4 RPM perfomance has both open and closed in stock and are faily inexpensive.
405 495 0454 Randy

one other note the red is negitive in all K type, the yellow is positive

Back