egt problem need help

Well if its a fact in the cr world then thats that.
I will check the cr world fact book to be sure though.

Snedge said:
Well if its a fact in the cr world then thats that.
I will check the cr world fact book to be sure though.
:hehe: :hehe: LOL LOL let me know when you find a copy.......
i think it's still being published....

I know nothing about CRs. Please help me understand exactly why engine temps would rise because of any of the conditions you have described? We're not talking gasser trash either where a lean mixture would cause increased combustion temps. I still think you are high good buddy but am eagerly awaiting your explanation.

Duke he already did explain it to us, you may have missed it. It was pretty complicated. Its like this, When the rail senses low rail pressure the ecm changes things in a big way. I hope that helps

Not a very smart ECM I take it? I'm running low on fuel... I"ll show them!

southernsilver said:
A buddy of mine has a 05 dodge 3500 4dr lwb with 37's also with banks six gun with pda and banks intercooler,high ram,80hp injectors,with banks new air intake,and B1 turbo egts still spike well into 1600 at WOT also has 8" superlift including spacer. Engine temperature and trans rises too. Any help is appreciated

Wades diesel physics lesson aside. 1600* and your friends higher drive temps aren't a big suprise to me. You did say that was a spike? Not just driving down the road. With his stuff maxed out, at wot, it will run hot.

answers

DIESEL POWER said:
i have see it both ways, ive seen too much fuel make a truck run too cold to burn fuel--like flooding the cylinders. you just have to know what to look for.

this was only a suggestion for those that asked, dukey, please dont try and make something out of nothing!

Thinks diesel power for the useful info , I have been working 12 and 15 hour days and hadn't had a chance to get back to ya. It does not have a body lift you would have to be a fool or a cheap a#%:hehe: to put a body lift on a truck that has a straight axle on it.But back to the ? I asked, the truck has no aftermarket pusher pump and is driven with since everyday. He has no problem spending money on the truck to have it in perfect running operation. The guy is a farmer down here in south georgia and pulls a good bit of wieght but like I said earlier he uses common since when pulling. He just needs a little help to get it running good without tearing it to pieces. Any more ?'s I will be happy to answer about the truck and any info will be helpful.

I don't have rail pressure issue's myself, but the trucks I have seen with them aren't running hot. They usually fall on their face, not run hot. You don't know any fools or cheapass's that would use a bodylift? What's the difference between it being IFS or Staight axle???????

Last edited:
sootman said:
I don't have rail pressure issue's myself, but the trucks I have seen with them aren't running hot. They usually fall on their face, not run hot. You don't know any fools or cheapass's that would use a bodylift? What's the difference between it being IFS or Staight axle???????

Mainly because it looks like **** IMO when using on a dodge or ford but if you on a duramax i can see using one It looks pretty good on them IMO and you don't have to mess with the ifs :bang. I don't know what size B1 but I can find out and I'll double check everything on the truck to see if there is anything else on the truck that I haven't told ya about.

southernsilver said:
Thinks diesel power for the useful info , I have been working 12 and 15 hour days and hadn't had a chance to get back to ya. It does not have a body lift you would have to be a fool or a cheap a#%:hehe: to put a body lift on a truck that has a straight axle on it.But back to the ? I asked, the truck has no aftermarket pusher pump and is driven with since everyday. He has no problem spending money on the truck to have it in perfect running operation. The guy is a farmer down here in south georgia and pulls a good bit of wieght but like I said earlier he uses common since when pulling. He just needs a little help to get it running good without tearing it to pieces. Any more ?'s I will be happy to answer about the truck and any info will be helpful.
Not knockin you buddy but if you find that to be "useful" info, you might think that one over.

southernsilver said:
Mainly because it looks like **** IMO when using on a dodge or ford but if you on a duramax i can see using one It looks pretty good on them IMO and you don't have to mess with the ifs :bang. I don't know what size B1 but I can find out and I'll double check everything on the truck to see if there is anything else on the truck that I haven't told ya about.

Bodylift's are a cheap way to get tire clearance. They don't look good on any truck. If you don't want to mess with IFS don't buy the truck. Anything that makes the truck look like it is floating above the frame is half retarded.

southernsilver said:
A buddy of mine has a 05 dodge 3500 4dr lwb with 37's also with banks six gun with pda and banks intercooler,high ram,80hp injectors,with banks new air intake,and B1 turbo egts still spike well into 1600 at WOT also has 8" superlift including spacer. Engine temperature and trans rises too. Any help is appreciated

But this post says it has a lift? I'm confussed.

if you're dumb enough to put a body lift on anything, I wouldn't listen to a thing you had to say. And I definitely wouldn't listen to you if you said "ask 4 wheel parts"

And hell, I thought an 04.5+ truck was just a hot truck in the first place.. we went over 1400 bone stock with my Dad's 05. I don't expect to have decent EGT's with a bunch of fuel being thrown at the truck.
Can't help with the rail pressure thing though.. I have noooo clue about that one. I own a 12 valve :blahblah1:

Nothing out of the ordinary here. His turbo isn't big enough. He's throwing more fuel at a truck with a pretty big lift, pretty large tires, pulling heavy loads. What's the big mystery?

Now on the other issues about running low on fuel, if the rail is getting drained higher up in the r's, and pressures drop way below 20k psi, I can see atomization failing, lessening timing somewhat and causing egt's to spike. I had this happen on the dyno when I tried to push a little too much fuel that my cp3 could pressurize. All other runs were steady 1200-1400 degrees and I made the numbers in my sig. I turned my VA box from the 70hp to 130hp level on top of the programmers 200+hp. As soon as I hit max boost on the rollers, rail pressure went to crap and I swear my egt's went from 1200 to burying the needle past 1600 in less than one second. And of course I got outta it. Amazingly I still made ten horsepower less than my max for the day. I need another cp3...:ft:
I'm no expert, but I think that draining the rail under heavy load can elevate egt's, jmho....

Back