Egt's cold with 200's

atvracn08

I just put some sdx 200's in my truck a couple weeks ago. The truck seems to run pretty good but the egts wont climb much higher than 1200. On the juice and on the diprocol. Running the smarty on 8 and it doesnt really change with the edge on 1 or 6. It smokes but cleans up pretty quick. Mods are super b special, cam, spearco ic, intake/exhaust manifolds, built trans, valve springs, 20 over marine head gasket, fire rings, airdog 150. Any ideas on why it runs like it lacks fuel? Thanks for any help guys. And the so vp has less than 10,000 miles

I wouldnt be complaining with the set up you have. 200 hp injectors and a super b is the perfect match, not to mention you have a cam..
Why would you want your egts higher than 1200??

sounds like a good setup, and its cleaning it up like it should, i wish mine would stay at 1200!!!!

I run mid 1400s with my 200s and 64/74, with a cam and an intercooler that doesn't seem to far off, maybe it just means you need more fuel lol. I know thats what I'm doing haha.

Its pre turbo, i just figured it would run a little warmer than 1240 degrees at 110 mph lol. I guess i'll just have to p pump it. Thanks for the input

Back