egt's getting hot.

budderbean

wot at 50 psi boost, I let out when i hit 1400. I don't know peak egt.

Do aftermarket intercoolers make a noticeable difference on low horsepower trucks?

truck info 07 5.9 3500 QC LB g56 sb dd 3250 fass fuel stock cp3 stock injectors II thunder 330 afe stage 2 intake 5" turbo back EFI live

Just curious did you check your air filter? Have you thought about water meth or electric fans?

Just curious did you check your air filter? Have you thought about water meth or electric fans?

I have not checked the air filter. I've thought about water meth, but for now i'm avoiding it. Electric fans would be to keep air flow constant?

I agree! 1400 is about right where you should expect it to be.

Hold it down until it is maxed out to know if you should be worried or not.

I will see 1400 every time i drive my truck,it use to worry me,now I just drive and towing i will start to feather it about then,Twins didn't cool it much or water injection very much for that matter, Drive It !!!!

I've seen 1600 1800 easily! But I don't stay at those temps forever. Just a few seconds or so. Mash on it and go man

Don't worry about a thing, 1400* at wot is moderate, just don't wanna be much over that though

Your truck isn't hot, man....don't fix what isn't broken.

UNBROKEN hit the nail on the head. I know it sounds weird to you but more fuel can actually help cool. I would give a set of 50 to 90 hp overs a shot. Maybe even upgrade some internals in the CP3 if it can't hang.

Sounds like you need someone else to tune your truck, you can get a good running stocker that won't see over 1250 if you can tune it

Back