EGTs hot cruising and towing?

dieselpolaris

Just wondering what i need to do to get my egts down alittle bit. Cruising right now i usually see 8-900 degrees. Would like to get this down to 600 or so. Also if i tow anything i can easily get over 1300 in a heartbeat if im rolling into the throttle but if i just mash on it temps usally never over 1300. Is my hx35 just not moving enough air down low for my current set up. Still running a stock manifold also. Is a cam gonna help that much or whats the next step. Just thought that twins would work better at keeping my setup cool while towing.

this is pretty normal, stock 24v's will see around 1300 towing!

I cruise between 8-900 and sometimes around 1000! very flat ground i can see 6-700 but rarely below except when coasting!

when i had this setup at 55mph i was at 600deg and at 70-85mph i was at 750-850. i never got above 1200 towing but easily could have since i ran 1575deg wot.

100hp jammers with .012 lift
hrvp
jim jessup tune(same as smarty)

mach 6.5's, ps 62/65, so pump cruising is 650*. Cam, ported head, spearco, and bigger turbo will lower egt's. Check for boost leaks as well.

his signature says twins...if you want to keep the egts down you will have to get the rpms closer to 2,000. you could also try to tighten the wastegate on the 35 a little bit. what is the primary turbo?

Yep its got twins. HX35 with ported exhaust housing and wastegate over an
S475 with a 1.32 housing.

you could try to tighten the wastegate a bit, or put a regulator on it to make tuning a little easier. or keep the rpms up to keep things cool.

Back