Electric impacts

What size quick connect couplers is everyone using? Seems everything comes with 1/4". Will that flow enough to make full use of 700+ft/lb impact, if I ever need that much?

Ok, so I think I've decided on my setup:

Compressor: Vertical Air Compressor - 2.5 HP, 21 Gallon, 120 Volt, 125 PSI

Impact wrench: IR titanium

Hose: 50 ft. x 3/8 Heavy Duty Black Rubber Air Hose

Filter/dryer: Craftsman Heavy Duty Air Line Filter - Tools - Air Compressors & Air Tools - Air Compressor Accessories

And of course, random fittings and accessories as needed. Maybe something like this: 17 Piece Air Tool Accessory Kit

Funny how harbor freight seemed to have more of a selection than sears, grainger, or northern.

Last edited:
Definitely an air dryer/oiler. We have all half inch line with half inch fittings with the air compressor cranked up to 120 psi. The air tools rating is at 90 psi and whatever cfm that is on the box. As long as you maintain that you should be able to see the total power its rated at.

Definitely an air dryer/oiler. We have all half inch line with half inch fittings with the air compressor cranked up to 120 psi. The air tools rating is at 90 psi and whatever cfm that is on the box. As long as you maintain that you should be able to see the total power its rated at.

That's what I mean, 1/4" fittings probably won't flow enough. But it seems like every compressor is 1/4" output thread on the tank. Or is it bigger thread size, just with a 1/4" coupler? I'd love to run all 1/2".

Last edited:
I can't remember if its 3/8 pipe or 1/4 pipe. Just adapt to the compressor and run 1/2 line and fittings.

Back