Electric to manual tcase in 03??

R_Frericks

Have an 03 with the eletric tcase. Is it possible to put a manul one in and not have issues? Obviouslt a hole will be needed in the floor and all the shifter assembly will be needed. Main concern is having an issue with leaving th eelctronics unplugged. The eletric case likes to unlock itself under a load and revert back to 2wd. Not so handy when the truck is about stuck and needs wheel speed to get out of snow. Also does this in low when hooked to a sled. Only way I've dealt with this issue was to remove smarty tuning, shift into low then retune the truck. That's fine for sled pulling but to have to do that every time I want 4x4 is a pain. Or could I be fighting something else?? Any help is apprectiated. Thanks!

I did this on a 05 just left the wires unplugged service 4x 4 always on but I don't care there should already be a hole in the floor to put a factory floor shift in also I built a braket on the t Case for the linkage mine is a six speed and I had to extend the linkage a few inches other than that I put a USB plug where the knob was works great wish they just would of let me order it like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the convinience of the electric one but won't really matter when I put a free spin kit on. I know how expensive the shift motors are too and i could probably buy a manual tcase for the same price haha. I didn't know if anyone just had an issue with a bad motor not holding the shift fork over in the tcase??

Back