Electrical in a pulling truck

Penni

So i just did an auto/manual swap, and a cab swap... i kept the wiring harness from the 01 1/2 ton gasser and I still have the original harness from the 98 12v, both of these are entirely strewn about and tangled up beyond belief... that being said, I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as what you might recommend,

rules state the certain things have to work blah blah blah... power windows if equipped, reverse lights, horn, etc etc

I was thinking about removing both harnesses completely, and only wiring up the essentials to a pre-made flip switch panel with fuses included... like wire the fuel pump to a switch, the accessories (lights, etc) to a switch, even put the ignition to a push button, etc etc... however I know there will be big obstacles with the ecm/PCM and direct wiring everything...

Does anybody have any insight? Thoughts? Opinions?

Nothing wrong with that.... thats how mine is wired. Just because it says it has to work doesn't mean you need to have factory wiring.

Another option is to swith out the power window motors with crank regulators

I really think that's gonna be the best bet? Rather than going through two wiring harnesses, gas and diesel, and trying to make it work....

Back