emissions testing

08cummins

hate to ask the ? has any states talked much about starting it on diesel trucks

I bet California isn't to far from it, if not already doing so...

-Rob

We've been doing it here in Nevada for at least a few years. Visual + opacity test. They run it on the dyno @ 20hp or so for opacity. Had to but the Cat back on ... gutting it 1st of course :D

The bad test is the snap idle test ... which they DON'T do here, thank goodness. I'd be screwed if the State starts doing that one.

Calif starting Jan of 2010. Plus they will do a visual. Anything on your truck, (97and up) if it touches air or fuel and does not have an EO number from Carb you will fail. Won't be able to advertise it in CA either until it has an EO number. SUCKs.

There has been talk of including Diesel Powered Vehicles in the testing. But,the largest city in AK repealed its emissions testing stating todays vehicles burn cleaner then the older vehicles we use to see. So I don't see how the diesel power fits in the picture. Since the crack down on vehicles with HID,nothing would surprise me. I do know that OTR trucks that get stopped for inspections are going through visual inspections as well as a smoke test. I don't know any more then that

W

Been doin them here in CO for years in certain counties. Its a visual and a opacity.

:bang

Back