End Of an Era....98 12v 5spd Quad Cab 4x4 For Sale

Hammer

Verbal Junk Author
Let me open this thread with this disclaimer.....
I have personally owned this truck since March of 1999 when it was purchased by me At the local auction house in the Mopar Repo lane with 13k on it.It has gone through many changes over the years as many have seeking more out of their rides but has been the same now for the last two years.Its time has come to send Big Red down the road to a new home as after a recent purchase of a newer 05 for show/dyno season allows this.Many have seen this truck over the years and I do keep it up and its won numerous awards at shows throughout the years.

So here it is and its looking for a new home.....
-1998 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab
-Flame Red Sport
-Camel Interior-Cloth-Driver Side Power Seat
-Mopar Tow Mirrors-Original Electric Ones Will Go With truck(been off truck since 01)
-3.54 Gears-Posi
-Both Mopar Cloth and Slush Mats,front and rear
-Eagle Alloys-137's 16x8 standard backspacing
-315/75R16 Pro Comp Extreme M/T's(will be replaced soon so tires will be new)
-EEP Long Traction Bars
-Rear Mag-Hytec Cover
-Haisley Machine Street Drag Double Disc
-Large Billet Input Shaft
-FASS 200GPH @ 45PSI
-Flex-A-Lite electric fans
-Mean-Green 200amp Alternator
-SW 100PSI Fuel Pressure Gauge(Column Mounted)
-EEP White Faced 100PSI Boost and EGT gauges
-Corsa Intellidash
-Geno's Garage Red Cummins Power Shift Knobs
-Pioneer Stereo Head
-SkyJacker D25 Front Coils
-BDS Front Double Shock Kit(powder coated Red To Match Truck)
-6 Bilstein 5100's-(4 Front and 2 Rear)
-Rear Springs Done by S&S Spring outside of Zainseville(3" over to lift rear higher than front)
-3/4" Spring U-bolts From S&S Spring
-Front Driveshaft Converted to 1410 Spicers By East Coast Diesel
-Dura-lite bar & plate Charge Air Cooler
-Reflexxion Viper Cowl Hood-(also will throw in stock hood if wanted)
-1/2 Longer Front Control Arms Equipped With Ballistic Joints
-Solid Steel DSS Brace
-Solid Steel 3rd Gen Trac Bar Conversion

Motor......
-New Cummins Head by EEP at 160K-Ported/Bigger valves/springs
-O ringed & ARP Studs
-Fluidampr
-.020 Marine gasket
-Main and Rod Bearings freshened at 160K as a precaution knowing what I was planning on doing later.
-Headgasket redone at 200K By Mid-Atlantic Diesel
-O Rings Done By UCF Machine At This Time
-Pump done by Antrim Diesel 550cc's
-Injectors by Weston Shupe(5x.014)
-Banks Twin Ram For Better Air Distribution to head
-ATS Exhaust Manifold
-High Tech Turbo Pro-Street 66 (66/71/13 Stainless Steel)
-Cummins Breather Covers
-Triple Nickel Plated chrome Injection Lines
-Triple Nickel Plated Chrome Oil Pan
-Cummins Chromed Coolant Lines
-Cummins Chromed Alternator Bracket
-AFE Stage 2 with Inverted Top Filters(1 on truck and 1 spare)
-Optima Red Tops
-Schaeffer's synthetics in the driveline(both rears,trans and transfer case)
-Amsoil In Motor.
-Synthetics have been used since 99 when it was purchased by me.

Best Dyno To date 550 on fuel and 799 with a shot of giggle gas.There is more left in it but I have lost interest and want to move on to a CR.The truck is my daily driver currently and has 235,000 on it.It has began to show some signs of the dreaded door rot on the lower right Quad Cab Door.It also has 2 small tears in the driver seat from the years of wear.Overall the truck is well maintained and taken care of by me.

Price is $20,000...NO TIRE KICKERS OR BS!
I will consider trades but am only looking for a 05-07 5.9 Quad AUTO.

I do not need to sell this truck however I would like too.The cost of converting it to a CR and Auto,plus the time to do it,I am sure I really do not have.It would be easier if I can find it a home and just buy a 05-07 and be done with it.Pictures are below and yes I am missing some interior shots but I will get them this week(actually never realized until tonight I didn't have any).The photos in the album are taken by me and some of the Comp D members who have seen the truck.They were selected to give you the best shots of the truck as it currently sits.I am certain I forgot something and if I see it I will post it.

You can reach me here VIA PM or by direct email at TDRHammer@gmail.com .Thanks gang For Looking............Andy

https://picasaweb.google.com/TDRHammer/199812vQuadCab5Speed?authkey=Gv1sRgCKLxjaTxs8anIQ#

Before I will part this truck apart I will park it in the backyard and cover it up.
As I have stated already..I do not need to sell this truck so it goes complete or does not go at all.It may be a bit harsh but its alot of truck for the money and you could not build one for what I am asking for it at todays prices.

I also remembered I have a new set of Zenon Fender Flares for it,new in the box,never installed and a set of CIPA Power/heated mirrors also.Bed cover also goes with the truck as does a Mopar bedliner.For those who also who may ask,this truck has only ever hauled things in boxes in the bed since I bought it.Hauling stuff was meant to be done with a trailer and not the bed so it was never abused.

This truck is no joke if you have never seen it in person.

Bump for a sweet ride and a Harley rider with soot on his face!

Andy, if I could afford it I would love to have that truck and I'd even promise to never put a stack on it. Good luck with the sale!

Bump for sweet truck, Got a chance to see it a few years ago and man was it mint. Good luck on the sale.

Thank You Gang for the props!!

Daniel..
I haven't sent it down the road yet,relax.If I do not sell it then it will get repowered with a CR and a slushbox over the winter.

TJ...
Yes.its doesn't need a stack,LOL.Soot and the Red is not a good mix.

Travis...
I am glad the weather is finally getting to where we can ride again.

Dave he is looking for trades that match one of your rides.....

Andy you know I would buy this truck in a heartbeat if I wasn't a poor college kid. I really didn't believe you when you told a few weeks ago, but I guess its happening. The only thing I can say is the next one better be pretty kick ass to top this one.

Good luck with the sale bud.

WOW!!! totally bada$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the sale!

Wow nice truck, lots of cool mods, sounds like it was taken care of.

I wish you luck on your quest for 20K, it's definitely not a seller's market!

I'll bet ol' Swole would trade you straight up...... But then you'd have to read about Swole destroying your previous Pride n Joy 98'!

Free bump!

I wish you luck on your quest for 20K, it's definitely not a seller's market!

I beg to differ.. At least in the NW.. A friend of mine was already offered 17k for his mint 02 with 75k on it (for a trade in!).. A year ago he'd have been lucky to get 12k private party.. Another friend of mine is wanting to get rid of his Super Duty for a Dodge. I couldn't believe how much prices had gone up when I started searching for him. I'd call it a sellers market at the moment..

Last edited:
I'd buy it,but Andy wouldn't sell it to me as he knows it would be a sled puller in no time

Picaso...
All you have to do is stroke the check!

Then its off to find another 05-07 CR.

Big Blue24....
Swole is welcome and yes I have seen his luck with his truck,crap happens.If he bought this one then it would be his and not my concern what he did with it.

I have one offer that was emailed to me and I will keep it as a reminder at how people think in this world...It was funny and I feel sorry for him and his beliefs......... Andy

Last edited:
Picaso...
All you have to do is stroke the check!

Then its off to find another 05-07 CR.

Big Blue24....
Swole is welcome and yes I have seen his luck with his truck,crap happens.If he bought this one then it would be his and not my concern what he did with it.

I have one offer that was emailed to me and I will keep it as a reminder at how people think in this world...It was funny and I feel sorry for him and his beliefs......... Andy

If you post the offer, we could all have a good laugh. Obviously don't post who it is from . . . Or you could PM it to me I always like a good laugh from people . . .

Rob

bump for a beautiful truck, ive seen it many times in shows and on the street, if i was not 30k in college debt right now:nail: id deff. buy it, Good luck with the sale

Back