Engine driven compressor anyone?

Ibuildembig

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just curious if anyone has done it and which compressor you used. I dont want an electric one and I dont need the vac pump.

Thanks

our work uses Vmac compressors all the time. I converted over an AC pump for my Jeeps.

what are you putting it on, and how many other accessories are under the hood?

Several guys i know make up brackets and use York compressors to

I need it for a 12V thats going in a 68 ford truck, it needs to utilize the aux drive since I am deleting the vac pump. I could do the york but that still leaves an open hole with no way to make the p/s pump work lol

for some reason i recall old industrial 12v's had gear driven pumps on them.

Or at the very least you should be able to make a mechanical pump from a low sized highway truck work.

I have a friend with an F800 that has one on it, but not sure it will work with the truck style engine mounts since those are trunion. I'd hoped someone had already done it :)

I have one installed on a 96 12V. It is in a 1931 Model A but the mounting would be the same. I bought the pulley from Kilby and made the rest.

I was going to use the gear driven pump in place of the vaccum pump but could not find the right one at a decent price. Also they are water cooled so I chose to go with the York as it was simpler to plumb.

Attachments

• 2013-03-10_10-59-47_609.jpg
    2013-03-10_10-59-47_609.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-03-06_20-32-54_825.jpg
    2013-03-06_20-32-54_825.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
That looks good but its not what I wanna do honestly. I'm gonna go looking around and see what I can find.

power steering? Just use a bigger steering wheel for leverage ;)

I'm pretty sure the one from the F800 will work. Someone I know used 2 12V's from them for K30 swaps and kept the air compressor on it without any issues. I'll see if I can't find a picture of it.

We use alot of ingersoll rand compressor's at work and seem to work well I can't remember the last time we had an issue with one.

I have a water cooled compressor with a hydraulic pump on the back of it I would sell. Needs an air filter, and one fitting is broken off.

289788_10151272240335850_1836721007_o.jpg

I seem to remember someone adapting a PS pump directly to the timing case. Then you can use a York or even 1st Gen 92-93 AC compressors for air.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

4bt's had a deal with the P/S pump right on the case.

...and a front engine mount.
I don't think I've ever seen one mounted with a side engine mount. As I told the OP in PM, I'll dig a little more... but...

I was talking about the sawed off dodge version on the bread vans*

Back