Engine Light On

brokeassford

Motor Man
The only way my light will stay off if I run the extreme tunes on my Super Chips. I heard that there is a fix. Mybe a web site. I think you just plug in instead of the EGR? I need to sale this truck but don't want the light to come on.

If you call DJ he can send you a tune w/ just a fix for that light without adding any power.

What are the codes?
I'm going to guess its egr related and the only way I know of to get rid of that light without a tune is to make it operational again

Can he send me a tune for my Super Chips programer? The code I'm getting is for insuffent something from the lack of EGR. IT's BLOCKED OFF. No flow there. There should be something I can plug in in place of the egr to fool the computer.

How about a dummy egr? Won't look good to a potential buyer though.
If you are selling the truck why not put the egr back in use?

I put a dummy and I still get the light, it still is reading low egrs just the same when I plug it in the original egr. They both are not reading anything.???

Its not seeing the exhaust drive pressure decrease along with the mass air. It uses how much air the turbo is pulling in vs the exhaust backpressure to know when the EGR flow is what it should be. So unless you have a magical device that will drop the exhaust pressure and the mass air flow at the same time, then you will either need to make the egr functional or sell it with a tuner in it.

Keeping Truck

PSDPlayer said:
Its not seeing the exhaust drive pressure decrease along with the mass air. It uses how much air the turbo is pulling in vs the exhaust backpressure to know when the EGR flow is what it should be. So unless you have a magical device that will drop the exhaust pressure and the mass air flow at the same time, then you will either need to make the egr functional or sell it with a tuner in it.
:cheer: Got her back from the dealer Fri. after 18 days. They checked the heads and replaced one. Now I have a noise under the dash like a vacuum leak when it's cold and under acceleration. Other than that so far so good. Runs like new so I think I will keep it.:clap:

Back