Engineered Diesel ex. wastegate and spacer plate

oldsmokey97

Just wondering if anyone has run this or is runnin it and how yall like it.

The only problem with it that i see is that i will have to totally redesign my hotpipe because this plate will place the top turbo a little further from the manifold than the 1/2" or so spacer that i got from SOurce automotive when i built the twins.

let me hear yalls feedback.

Lance

Got Mine...Love mine!!!

Wastegate014.jpg

Wastegate031-1.jpg

what is it set at from E.D as far as pop-open pressure?? Can you adjust it??

Does anyone have this setup on a set of twins?

Lance

here is the plate
006_105182006_std.jpg

here is it on the header

100_0523.jpg
t before the turbo

heere it is from a top view
100_0518.jpg

5583731377_ORIG1jpeg.jpg

I have one. It is completely adjustable. I like it. Especially with a smaller housing.

is it adjustable........

i just dont wanna have to go through the PITA ordeal of buildin a hot pipe again.

Lance

Are those th 50mm wastegates? I was thinking about going to a second gen manifold and running this exact setup.

Thanks, Joe

Just A thought but............. as far as the diesel performance market has gone and with a LOT of people sprayin a lot of Nitrous on a set of twins.... why hasnt someone come up with a Cast iron three piece manifold like the ones we have now with some kind of a flange casted into it so that you can buy the manifold ready to bolt/clamp a ex. wastegate to it. Either that or cast ALL of the manifold with a constant size v-band clamp style flange... and then have that same company that makes the manifolds have different sizes of flanges to accomodate the different sizes of wastegates.

JUST A THOUGHT THAT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE A LOT OF MONEY IF IT IS DONE RIGHT AND WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT.

Lance

we are looking into that exact same deal from ed how much do they cost. we want to use it as a saftey messure for the gas.

the top must be the return air from the Ex. gate valve............... the bottom must be the exhaust valve from the WG VALVE

BTW taking air brakes at TSTC in Waco and can thow out some ****.

Lance

Just A thought but............. as far as the diesel performance market has gone and with a LOT of people sprayin a lot of Nitrous on a set of twins.... why hasnt someone come up with a Cast iron three piece manifold like the ones we have now with some kind of a flange casted into it so that you can buy the manifold ready to bolt/clamp a ex. wastegate to it. Either that or cast ALL of the manifold with a constant size v-band clamp style flange... and then have that same company that makes the manifolds have different sizes of flanges to accomodate the different sizes of wastegates.

JUST A THOUGHT THAT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE A LOT OF MONEY IF IT IS DONE RIGHT AND WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT.

Lance
Industrial Injection makes manifold like that.

Are those lines running to the wastegate? In cab adjustable?
I didnt run it in the cab but i was thinking about it...
Wastegate030.jpg

I have seen the wastgate cast into a 3 piece manifold 3 or 4 years ago. Haisleys had it, I think it was an ATS piece. They sold it to some guy at a pull at gordyville.

so.... if i call industrial i could get a manifold that has the Ex. WG flange already casted into it??

Lance