equal length header or stainless manifold?

If memory serves that length sounds right. Yeah, oem gaskets (i like the 3 layer steel factory pieces) should be all you need.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I get my motor back this weekend so I can get it in the truck and get the manifold and turbo on it.

when ya order a steed speed does it come with a block off plate for the wastegate port? or have to buy one sperate? wouldnt mind having the port there for future use

thumbs up if your still running a 3piece manifold..... sh*t this isn't facebook lol

Ok so Im looking to get the bolts for my steed speed manifold. Im going to get them through Fastenal and I know that they are M10x40mm. I also need to know what thread size I need and if I need coarse or fine threads. For the thread size they offer a 1.25 and a 1.5. Not sure which I need.

^^^Yep. There are very few things you will ever have to use a fine thread metric bolt on.

Can't comment on steed vs stainless but I did back to back runs on the engine dyno with a ported PDI and steed speed. Both were t4 flanges. The Steed speed manifold only picked up 2 hp, but spool was increased, drive pressure went down about 7psi, and EGTs were down 50-75 degrees.

Can't comment on steed vs stainless but I did back to back runs on the engine dyno with a ported PDI and steed speed. Both were t4 flanges. The Steed speed manifold only picked up 2 hp, but spool was increased, drive pressure went down about 7psi, and EGTs were down 50-75 degrees.

And this is worth a few extra coins to me...

Ok so Im looking to get the bolts for my steed speed manifold. Im going to get them through Fastenal and I know that they are M10x40mm. I also need to know what thread size I need and if I need coarse or fine threads. For the thread size they offer a 1.25 and a 1.5. Not sure which I need.
I used M10x35mm 1.5 thread pitch, worked fine. Fastenal can also get those in stainless if wanted, I've ran both on 2 different manifold setups.

Got mine on
photo-101.jpg

photo-103.jpg

The manifold to turbo studs are only $1.49 at Autozone if you don't want to make your own out of all-thread.
I just picked up a set of bolts and lock washers from Alligator for about $25 I think. I posted the link in this thread. They worked great. Along with a set of MLS gaskets.

There is one thing that I didn't see anyone mention in this thread. The larger the volume inside the manifold, the lower the velocity. You need velocity when spooling a turbo. Yeah go ahead and throw a Steed Speed on, like said above, you may have lower egts, 2 more HP, and a hair less drive pressure.....but what difference does that make when you are starring at the other guy's tail lights because all that 2 extra HP you have still isn't spooled???? I DD my truck and spool is important. The fact that I've talked to people who own a Steed Speed and the manifold is rusting is enough to steer me away... Secondly, the not completely circular runners inside the manifold are not going to allow the air to flow at high or optimal velocity. Flow and velocity are not the same.

Got mine on
photo-101.jpg

photo-103.jpg

The manifold to turbo studs are only $1.49 at Autozone if you don't want to make your own out of all-thread.
I just picked up a set of bolts and lock washers from Alligator for about $25 I think. I posted the link in this thread. They worked great. Along with a set of MLS gaskets.

Check your bolts weekly no matter what you do they always work loose! I'm pretty sick of it and about to go back to the stock bolts!

There is one thing that I didn't see anyone mention in this thread. The larger the volume inside the manifold, the lower the velocity. You need velocity when spooling a turbo. Yeah go ahead and throw a Steed Speed on, like said above, you may have lower egts, 2 more HP, and a hair less drive pressure.....but what difference does that make when you are starring at the other guy's tail lights because all that 2 extra HP you have still isn't spooled???? I DD my truck and spool is important. The fact that I've talked to people who own a Steed Speed and the manifold is rusting is enough to steer me away... Secondly, the not completely circular runners inside the manifold are not going to allow the air to flow at high or optimal velocity. Flow and velocity are not the same.

Velocity isn't the only thing that spools a charger.

not completely round will affect the flow? how...? 12V heads have been doing pretty well for years with rectangular ports.

love my t4 comp... although I agree that the coating is a bit sub-par, takes very little to scratch it off, sooner or later I will probably touch mine up with a coat of Header paint.

but in the end... you can not beat a cnc manifold.

Back