Eratic transmission shifting, 48RE in 05. Maybe electrical?

Chris Mallett

12ver Swap Idiot
To make this read short I purchased a full billet Floor It Diesel transmission USED and I now have a problem. The strength of the trans feels perfect, but randomly it will hunt for 2-3rd, sometimes want to go from 3-2, defueling in amongst this time, but other times it works perfect. It has even defueled when ready to shift from 1-2, (foot still on pedal 1/2 throttle) to the point I let off and then it acts normal.

My stock trans worked perfect before removal.

I just changed out the trans and did no other mods while it was out.

Which makes me wonder. Is there anything in the trans that can be throwing a short to cause an ECM malfunction? I had a spare TV motor laying around, changed it out and made no difference.

I can put the shift indicator between P and R (no cages around either letter) and it will start. I had the shift cable a little out of whack in the beginning and found this out. I started the truck then walked around behind it just to find the reverse lights were on.:doh:

I have checked the simple stuff, wires loose, etc. Thanks in advance for any help. Chris:Cheer:

I bought it with a problem. Now to find it. Thanks for the heads up though.

I would change the gov solenoid and the pressure transducer for a quick starter.

call john.. not like he will answer but if he does im sure he would be more than willing to help you out. im not a tranny expert but sounds like a valvebody issue

UPDATE...Changed the speed sensor in rear of trans. Works perfect now. Thanks John!!!

Back