ERRACTIC running with lite throttle!

Ragged Edge

TRUCK PULLER
Was wondering if anyone out there that has a p-pumped 24v has ran into this problem my does it only at light throttle and not at idle. I was thinking that with the oil line kit that it was getting to much oil in pump and screwing up how the gov weights react.

What type of oil line do you have and where does it enter the pump?

It is like a -3 stainless braided line and it goes in on the leftside of the pump towards the back and my fitting going into the pump has a .062 orfice in it

The stock restriction hole (built in to the pump casting) on the inside of the pump (engine side) is right at about 0.078". The fittings I had made up use the same size restriction hole for use when feeding from the outside of the pump. Your fitting is relatively close to 0.078" so that shouldn't be the issue...

The stock restriction hole (built in to the pump casting) on the inside of the pump (engine side) is right at about 0.078". The fittings I had made up use the same size restriction hole for use when feeding from the outside of the pump. Your fitting is relatively close to 0.078" so that shouldn't be the issue...

It's not my problem I unhooked the oil line and ran the truck a lil bit and did the samething. I reset the gov springs and double checked, the pump I had rebuilt because it was doing the samething, it even has new p's and b's to. I have .084 lines and .093 cross tubes with mach 2 injecters if that helps any.

I would play around with the gov. springs. Try adding a click or two and if that doesn't work back them down a few. You'll probably have to change your high idle after each adjustment. I would also make sure both springs have the same amount of clicks in them, don't go by stud protrusion.

This is my daily driver, so nope just a 12mm nothing done except springs it did this with nothing even touched on the pump

I was able to calm my truck down by turning the AFC star wheel foward. With the star wheel roughly in the middle it was a nightmare to drive. Now its better.

Let me know what you find out Ragged, I'm having the saem promblem with a p-pumped 1st gen...Stock pump besides D.V.s

I ran mine with no restiction and it had no ill effects. Although with the gov cranked down 900-1100rpm doesnt exist.

Define erratic.

Back