Error Codes: P115A and Code 22

alvispace

Fat Bastard
I know the codes mean.... Low fuel pressure and MAP sensor voltage out of range from research online.

Anyone have any idea why they would both have happened while cruising 55 mph gently down the highway this morning on the way to work? I have half a tank of fuel. There were no negative symptoms associated with the occurence today, truck is running fine.

Thanks for any replies before I can get home to snoop around this evening.

37000 miles, not sure Ford ever changed it for me when I took in for mtce. I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, after about 25000, the fuel filters are toast with all the crap in Diesel fuel. That would most likely be your fuel problem. The MAP sensor, I have no idea. What filter do you have on it, and I am not being a smart ass, but when was it changed last?

Never mind, I see you have the whole banks catalog on it. I would highly recommend if you are using the Banks, and the Flashpaq that you get that stack off of there. You are running a pretty dangerous combination. Stacking on the 6.0 is not a good idea.

I really don't know when the fuel filter has been changed. I will take care if it this weekend. I know I never did it.

As far as the stacking, thank you for the advice. I don't race the truck around, I started with the Superchip, then tried the Banks but didn't like the shifting, so I tried the stacking and the shifting was great and I had the neatness of the live display. I'll certainly be more sensitive to my truck trying to tell me something after this little unexplained gremlin.

Thanks again.

Never mind, I see you have the whole banks catalog on it. I would highly recommend if you are using the Banks, and the Flashpaq that you get that stack off of there. You are running a pretty dangerous combination. Stacking on the 6.0 is not a good idea.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing with the Banks and Superchips and I blew the head gaskets on daily driver before I saw the light and got a SCT. It did haul ass with them stacked but way to much CP. I assume you have them stacked to help the tranny shift better?

Yes, only reason is for the shifting. Much better. I've put about 25k miles on with this setup. I appreciate your comments on the dangers I may be flirting with due to the stacking. I've replied before about not ever knowing about SCT before I made my purchases, I am going to try on the next truck, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Tell me some more about how you blew the head gaskets.... I certainly am not drag racing or have any notion of doing so, did your's go from pushing too hard driving it?

Yea I gave it hell. I contacted Banks about the tranny shifting like crap and they recomended the superchips for the tranny. They also told me not to run the Banks higher than level 4 with them stacked but I did. The Banks with the superships did haul butt but the SCT is much better. The SCT does it all. I was happy with the way is ran with them stacked but it raises the cylinder pressure to much.

Hey, that's a bit more info to help me decide to bail on my setup. What does each one do to raise cylinder pressure? Is it both are advancing timing or both adding fuel etc. I'm open to change, would like to understand why. I will tell you that I rarely, I mean RARELY see black smoke even under moderate to heavy acceleration. WOT I do see smoke, but nothing like the pics I've seen of people bragging.

The reason I run the SL level on the Banks is that when I first started out with the stack I wanted to play safe so I started out on the level 1 and inched up over a week or two and much to my surprise, repeatedly tested, I get better fuel mileage on the SL.

Is there a way for me to know if I am pushing CP to it's limits on my truck? Or is the head gasket the only way when it fails?

Thanks again for the discourse.

Back