Estimating power from 1/8mile duramax

steampunk

Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on rwhp from an 1/8th mile trap speed. Its an lly duramax 7400lbs race weight and it trapped 96.2mph. Thanks in advance.

Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on rwhp from an 1/8th mile trap speed. Its an lly duramax 7400lbs race weight and it trapped 96.2mph. Thanks in advance.

The truck must have a lot of extras on it, my CCSB LLY and my CCSB LBZ rolling off the dealer lot were under 6900lbs.

That is good MPH. In my experience, real world mph for a 520+/-RWHP CCSB DMax (in stock trim) in the 1/8 is 83-84MPH for reference.

There are many variables, height of the truck, head or tail wind, elevation, etc. I'd call it 800rwhp as a guess.

The truck must have a lot of extras on it, my CCSB LLY and my CCSB LBZ rolling off the dealer lot were under 6900lbs.

That is good MPH. In my experience, real world mph for a 520+/-RWHP CCSB DMax (in stock trim) in the 1/8 is 83-84MPH for reference.

It has some heavy 20x10 wheels with 305/50/20 tires. plus fifth wheel hardware in the bed and a roll in lock bed cover. Dual cp3 probably adds a little with bigger IC and pipes .Plus driver weight is 230lbs. The scale was at the local landfill so im not sure how accurate it is. Ive been slowly turning the truck up and after the last passes i think i may need to turn it down some. Im still on a stock bottom end with dual fuelers and 100% overs i dont think it will live much longer this way...

I will put money on it your rods are headed into the oil pan or out the side of the block...

My old excab shortbed full built motor LBZ weighed 6600+ and would only hit about 101 in the 1/8 mile. It was about 1000 hp to the real wheels. As was said, making that kind of hp on a stock bottom end motor you are living on borrowed time. Start looking for white smoke at idle. Rods get shorter at that HP in no time. Good luck.

You can multiply the 1/8th mph by 1.25 and get really close. I went 89 mph at 6600lb, which worked out to 612rwhp (CompD calculator) and I dynoed 601, so it was fairly accurate.

Back