Ethanol/methanol

chevota84

Has anybody tried injecting or even thought of injecting water/ethanol instead of water/Meth? Ethanol and methanol have similar properties and both mix with water so theoretically it should work, I just hadn't seen anyone talk about it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Ya I've been thinking the same thing about these Alkys. I think some gassers are using any alky they can get there hands on.

Just read on the snow site today. You can mix ethanol but it does not have the same octane as meth. Can't remember the exact wording but something along those lines.

From what I've read ethanol varies from 108-113 and methanol is 110-120 depending on the version (m1, m3 and so on).

Methanol would be better than ethanol, but for some countries it is easier to get E than M. If you have access to E85, you can pour in water and the E will fall out with the water.

Methanol would be better than ethanol, but for some countries it is easier to get E than M. If you have access to E85, you can pour in water and the E will fall out with the water.

Does it drop out enough that you could skim the gas off or would it need a separator?

i would think ethanol would detonate to early and wouldnt have near the cooling effect as methanol. and the price difference is slim so why not just use methanol. its dirt cheap in washer fluid and makes more power than ethanol....

i would think ethanol would detonate to early and wouldnt have near the cooling effect as methanol. and the price difference is slim so why not just use methanol. its dirt cheap in washer fluid and makes more power than ethanol....

I can get methanol for around $3.80/gal in barrels so it would be even less than ethanol. It was more of a "what if" question that I started thinking about the other day.

Back