EV2 Question

If they arent Im ok with that I knew the Performaxs were LED and I noticed the EV2s and Performaxs look almost the same but I could see the nicer look in the performax

There is Performax & EV2Performax, they both are LED, I have the EV2s and they work great.

The Performax take a control box to operate and the EV2 Performax do not, both have the same style face. I have used the Performax on a power unit I built and they are awesome, 5 wires is all it take between the engine and control panel to run up to as many as 17 gauges.

There is Performax & EV2Performax, they both are LED, I have the EV2s and they work great.

The Performax take a control box to operate and the EV2 Performax do not, both have the same style face. I have used the Performax on a power unit I built and they are awesome, 5 wires is all it take between the engine and control panel to run up to as many as 17 gauges.
So there are two versions of the EV2?

Just to clarify - what we commonly refer to as "EV2" or "EV²" actually says "Performax-EV2" on the face dial (because we commonized with the Performax dials and just stamped an additional "EV2" on either side of "Performax"). These are stand-alone gauges with stepper motor movements and LED backlighting.

The original "Performax" series is the system which uses the underhood controller (ESP) to control up to 17 gauges, with peak recal and optional PC Datalogger. The Performax gauges use stepper motor movements and LED backlighting.

The original EV series uses either air core electrical or mechanical bourdon-tube movements, and incandescent lighting (regular bulbs), although those bulbs can be replaced with LEDs.

Please let me know if I can clarify (or muddy up) anything else!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back