Exhaust bellows in hot-pipe?

Headcase98002

I am trying to build a set of compounds and the HT4B will not fit between the frame and engine. I plan on keeping the heat exchanger in place. The HT3B fit perfectly fine there a few years ago. So now I'm gonna mount the Primary over the fender and I need some ideas on how to brace it. If I brace it to the frame I'm gonna need an exhaust bellow. The manifold is angled down and I plan to have the hot pipe come up over the the secondary.

Any possibilities you guys can pos some pics of your bracing or places to buy good exhaust bellows?

a7ehy5as.jpg
gy5uquqe.jpg
adudezu2.jpg

So your running an HT4b under the manifold? Mine was a wedge fit with an 1/8" clearance. If I scooted it back, I wouldn't have had room for the down-pipe. I wish I could see more clearly in the pics you posted. Last year I had an HT3B hanging below the manifold and the fit was great.

If you do side by sides don't mount it to the frame. I usually run the supports like this.

A75A7AAC_zps95cd87ba.jpg

40B218AF_zpsf45925f0.jpg

AFC55E27_zps71195429.jpg

The support is made out of 1" solid stock.

So your running an HT4b under the manifold? Mine was a wedge fit with an 1/8" clearance. If I scooted it back, I wouldn't have had room for the down-pipe. I wish I could see more clearly in the pics you posted. Last year I had an HT3B hanging below the manifold and the fit was great.

I am not , that's from another member here. Forget his name but several people have done it. I will look and see if I can find more pictures

Looks good. Looks like the inner fender lost some weight for sure lol. Sure did get that piped up fast! How is the hot pipe gonna be? Out of the hood? Looks tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used alluminized exhaust pipe. Every butt weld has another piece overlapping the joint.

Ghost, I'm a little confused with your question. Do you mean downpipe?

I just used alluminized exhaust pipe. Every butt weld has another piece overlapping the joint.

Ghost, I'm a little confused with your question. Do you mean downpipe?

Yeah I meant down pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is enough rom behind the primary to make a 70° turn down towards the transmission. More fender will need to be removed, but it's what has to happen.

Sad thing is, I spent a boat load of money on parts to make an over/under set-up and now I can't even use over half the stuff.

Back