Exhaust leaks with Steed Manifold

nike

"Can't have nothing!"
Having some trouble recently with the exhaust manifold gaskets leaking after switching turbos and assumingly more pressure....

I read somewhere about a gasket that matches the Steed ports better.. Anyone knows where I can find these?

I know this is not the place, but I have two for sale. I got them for my compounds, but are not the correct ones for my ATS manifold. $25

Probably. Replaced #5 today as it was blown out... I'm sure the rest of them need replacing too so if I might as well try to find something prematched instead of having to do it myself.

that is getting into the realm of so damn custom, its expensive..........

I'll be calling Source tomorrow. I hear they might offer something.

You would think they would atleast give a brand and part number of a gasket that will last with there manifold. I know it would annoy me to have to pull a $600 to $700 manifold every so often cause of a bad gasket.

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Isn't that those crappy gaskets HTT was shipping out with their turbos a few years ago? If so they suck and will blow out in short time.

Sent from Razr Maxx

I used one all season with my steed at 25ftlbs and never leaked or "blew out". Has seen egt between 1600-2100 while I was tuning the truck. good quality imo

from phone

Last edited:
You would think they would atleast give a brand and part number of a gasket that will last with there manifold. I know it would annoy me to have to pull a $600 to $700 manifold every so often cause of a bad gasket.

You don't have to take the manifold off to replace a gasket

I have a customer with one on a 24v making 85 psi of drive pressure on a twin set for about a month with single layer gaskets so far no problems

Posted from my ifail

I know, just the fact you have to loosen it to replace the gasket would get annoying if it happened enough times.

Yes I agree but I would believe that whoever is having problems is either not prepping the head right or the other thing I have found is you need to use the 24v spacers and bolts don't know exactly why it works but it does

Posted from my ifail

Guess some real world experience will shed some light. Buddy just put a steed comp on his 12v and plan on getting one myself in the next couple months.

Cheap single layer gaskets are likely to leak from my experience. Although i have had some that dont obviously. Buy the good cummins multilayer gaskets and you wont have any issues. never had a failure yet on leaking and ive done quite a few swaps in the last few years.

Back