Exhaust Manifold and Turbo interchange...

Mat415

A friend of mine has a '05 Cummins with a cracked manifold and turbo housing. It is still running but obviously not in good shape.

I found an '06 turbo and manifold that is a takeoff on Craigslist. Will these interchange? Also, what do you guys think it's value is?

Thanks,
Mat

03-07 is the same manifold
03-early 04 has he341 turbo 54/58/9
Late 04-07 has he351 turbo 60/58/9

I wouldn't wait long on buying the craigslist turbo and manifold if they're the right price and good shape. Those (04.5-07) turbos (HE351 CW) are hard to come by because of Cummins guys and ricer guys wanting them.

Thanks for all the info guys! The guy is supposed to bring it to town this evening for me to buy.

One more question if you don't mind...

Will the he341 turbo work on the '05 truck? The reason I ask is my DD is an '03. I am putting 455hp to the ground and pull heavy trailers often plus I pull my 46ft race trailer about 8000 miles per year. My friends truck is stock and rarely pulls a 26ft race car trailer.

Neither of us would mind swapping the turbos if they are interchangeable.

Thanks again for all the help!

Yes they are interchangeable. On the 05 you'll need to get the dummy plug for the solenoid plug (truck side) and on 03 to use 351 you need to get the plug that screws into the compressor housing that eliminates the electronic solenoid.

Each one of this pieces are $20-40 or so

Last edited:
Back