Exhaust relocation

Dude, that bed is SEXYYY. I have dreamed about a long bed like that for ages!!!

There's only one other out there identical to mine! At least, to my knowledge. The other guy only had a SRW bed and built his own fenders though. Looks pretty good for having home built fenders. Oh, and it's been painted. LOL

There's only one other out there identical to mine! At least, to my knowledge. The other guy only had a SRW bed and built his own fenders though. Looks pretty good for having home built fenders. Oh, and it's been painted. LOL

paint schmaint..... I ran around with a dually bed with no fenders for a year, then a white truck with a red bed for a year.

I should just clean up the rust and clear coat the damn thing. Sleeper.

Really, not a bad idea you got there! I need to address the drip rail badly. Depending on its condition, either stitch it back together or remove it entirely. I've been wanting to take a wire wheel to the sealant and see just how bad the rot is. I'd like to pull the windshield to have a better look at the bottom side of the drip rail.

The Diamond Eye bed kit arrived yesterday via the Man in Brown. I'll have trimming to do if I want run these narrower than the typical position in the corners. Again, taking my time mocking everything in place and measuring 4-5 times before any cuts are made. I'm checking with another source for the 6" tubing. If that falls through for some reason, I'll order lengths from Air Flow Systems.

eta6a2y4.jpg

ejyzage9.jpg

abugymas.jpg

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4.

Last edited:
Located some 6" 12ga stainless pipe at my dad's work. Gonna have the welder there tig welds the stacks.

After taking dimensions with the piping mocked in the bed, it looks as though the OAL of each stack will only be about 30".

Last edited:
Lookin good! Are you still going to coat the stainless or polish it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the pipe for myself yet to know if it'll need some sanding to smooth it out for polishing. I have some metal polish though that I'll try on it as is first. But polish is definitely an option now!

Got this in a text message last week. I think the guy who did the work for me got in too much of a hurry and didn't cut the 45s first before making the 22.5 cuts as I specified in the instructions I gave him. I guess I can't complain for getting the pipe and work done for free but now I'm stuck with figuring out how I'm going to cut the "tips" precisely. I've got an idea in mind but I may try to locate a good machine shop near me that could make the cuts perfectly.

sahamuve.jpg

A couple more after I brought them home. 6" OD .120" wall 316SS. The bottoms aren't straight but they still need to be shortened and reduced to 5" OD at the inlets.

usetu4ad.jpg

ezyba5am.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have any ideas for cutting the tips with precision? I started thinking about a cut off wheel but to mark a perfectly straight line to follow would be a little challenging.

I've checked with a local machine shop/engine builder I used in the past and he said he didn't have the machinery to make such a cut. He did know of a couple guys who do some work out of their homes. He left voice mails for both and said he would forward my information to them when he heard from them. It's been about a week since and I haven't received a call yet. I'll probably call in a bit to check in

I have a huge Ellis Band saw the we could feed that into. We would have to C clamp it down, chucked in perpendicular. But I've had to do what you need done before.

Thing is some people are really anal about not cutting thin wall tubing in there band saws. It tends to dull blades quick. Only people I see not have a problem are exhaust shops lol.

No eyeballing a straight line with a straight edge, and cutting with a cutoff wheel is your second best bet. If you can mock it up by eye, you should be able to make a straight eough mark like stated above.

Measure and mark 5 times. Then cut. :)

Last edited:
One thing is for sure.....you won't miss the bed space.

I still like stacks, even if the flat biller diesel ricers have mad them un-popular along with the publics opinion of us.

Last edited:
One thing is for sure.....you won't miss the bed space.

I still like stacks, even if the flat biller diesel ricers have mad them un-popular along with the publics opinion of us.

Definitely not losing much bed space, Dar! And these stacks will be done tastefully. They won't be much higher than the cab. Maybe 1" at the most.

I found a good machine shop thanks to a buddy of mine who preps drill pipe for offshore oil rigs. This shop cuts pipe for the company my buddy works for. He may only charge me $10-$15 per cut. I'm not at all complaining about that.

Last edited:
I am boarding a couple of horses for the winter in trade for two chrome 6 inch turn outs and all the piping. I hope the deal don't go south, my boy is already thinking he mite bail out.

I will get something for it, I just kinda wanted the stacks.

So the machine shop my buddy referred me to only had a horizontal band saw and couldn't guarantee and good, straight cut with it. However, the guy I was dealing with used to work at a fabrication shop that he said could easily handle the task.

I showed up early this morning with the stacks and explained what I needed done and with precision. After some measuring, cutting, grinding and checking the cut for square multiple times, the fabricator got some work done just as I wanted!

udaja9ag.jpg

I stood them in the bed just to see how the look. MEAN!!

e7u2ugu9.jpg

5ebe5anu.jpg

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4A.

And in a narrower position.

jy2a6u8y.jpg

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4A.

Back