exhaust tips whats the deal?

Good question, let me talk to the guys here, and see what they say on "Why" one would do that.

No it's not, the tip is just angled back.

The only reason I can see is for possible smoke re-direction. It certainly wouldn't have any performance gains..

Unless they are making some sort of super-trapp-style tip with inserts.:confused:

Well according to the big man here, he said the only thing(s) he see's is A: noice reduction of some sort, be it turbo noise, exhaust, whatever, or it could be B: To much free time on their hands......LOL

Keeps squirrels out,LOL LOL and hey Alan, AKA Jackass, its Texas with a Capital "T". We learn english in the 1st grade here in Texas!:poke: :poke:

Dalpilot said:
Keeps squirrels out,LOL LOL and hey Alan, AKA Jackass, its Texas with a Capital "T". We learn english in the 1st grade here in Texas!:poke: :poke:

LOL LOL LOL :kick: :eek:wned:

I read that its to cool the exhaust tips down during dpf cleaning cycle .

Before i drove that thing off the lot id have my battery powered sawz all cutting that hideous thing off.

Bandit_Driver_front.jpg

When a dpf Regen's exhaust gas temp at the outlet can reach over 500 degrees C. This is a basic diffuser design. The intent is to draw in cool air and mix it with the hot exhaust gas. The DPF is designed to only Regen above a certain speed to avoid starting fires and melting paint off cars at stop lights.

Bone

I can't wait to see one puke a big nasty soot ball out going down the road. LOL

Maybe we can get a switch so we can activate it at stoplights to melt peoples' paint we don't like, :evil :woohoo: :ft:

This 6.4 is going to put FMC out of business in my opinion.

Is there such a thing of Too Much Engineering???????

KISS: Keep It Simple Stuipd!!!!

Back