exhaust tips whats the deal?

these tips are made like this to allow cooler exhaust gas to exit the the pipe--
because of the high heat during active regen---
The hope is to reduce the chance of causing grass fire ect.....
If you think this looks bad you shoud see the GM---
It looks like this was a real after thought--
For some reason Dodge does not have anything in their exhaust pipe---

Dave

I just bought an 08 and have aboout 500 miles and it seems like every time it goes into regen it is when the truck is parked just idling. I can see the reason for the tip because when it is in regen mode it is crazy how hot the exhaust is even from like four feet away.

mikehalseyjr said:
This 6.4 is going to put FMC out of business in my opinion.

Is there such a thing of Too Much Engineering???????

KISS: Keep It Simple Stuipd!!!!

I just came upon this thread....and this made me laugh....

What would you propose thats as robust, meets all of the requirements and is cheaper....what GM did with the LMM....can you say butt frickin ugly.....what most people dont understand is GM sweet bazooka tip was an afterthought....they forgot about the tip....hence the nasty design. Im sorry but the engineers try and use the KISS method on about every vehicle produced. Its Federal regulations and laws that make things get complicated....perfect example the DPF! Not trying to sound like a prick but Im an engineer for a living and people are so easy to make comments like this when they dont have the slightest idea of the implications of every nut, bolt and exhaust tip on every vehicle:rules:

Back