Exhaust?

chrisc

i have an 01 with a strait exhaust, superchips programmer, and edge drag comp. I was given a full 5 inch exhaust and was goin to put it on my truck. i have heard that unless your making huge horse power numbers that a4-inch is plenty, and that a 5 inch could actually hurt horsepower. I just dont wanna put it on my truck if its gonna hurt the way it runs. Anybody Know for sure?

4" would be best.. But your 5" would be fine.. For most people it's the sound difference between the two. And some people just want to say they have a 5" exhaust...

I personally like the 4" more.

If your worried about hp gain and loss over your exhaust you got bigger problems man. Just put it on and be done with it. Plus if you already have it then its money not spent that you can spend on something else..... Like injectors!$.02

good point, Ive heard a truck like mine with 4 inch and it sounded pretty good, but i havent heard one with a 5. So im goin to assume it would sound even better. And im sure the added size would keep my exhausttemps way down.

Back