Exophthalmic Tires (Video - Pics)#########

I have this happen to me all year long. We blow an upwards of 5-10 tires a year on trailers and trucks. Right now I have a trailer sitting in the yard with two left side tires that have bubbles in them the size of your fist.

I don't know how or why but we get atleast 3-4 a year that develop bubbles...the rest are blow outs due to extremely fast air loss.

we get bulges all the time in our tractor tires and somtimes trailers. looks like somebody has been buying recaps, shining them up and selling them as new :badidea:

wonder if i can get 6 new bfg a/t's, they are getting slick on the back :hehe:

alot of thing can cause bulges... even as simple as rubbing a curb can split belts.

had an old bridgestone at split a belt and blow. they were bias plied as well..

good walk around is always helpful.

TWEEL

m7rxi8.jpg

Have they fixed the problem with pro comp tires? I was going to order a set of xtreme at's but maybe not anymore.

Had a bunch of Goodyear workhorse tires on company pickups bulge like that. All about baseball sized. They looked after us no problem. Haven't seen a goodyear Wrangler AtS ( new silent armor ) do it yet.

had some tires on the front end of my truck that the whole cap peeled off of it thank god it didnt pop on me thought, cost me 500 but the insurance 5 grand to get a fender replaced and part of the rocker panel then get painted to match the custom fade of the truck lol.

Back