External wastegate help

inline6power

more hp than you
Never had one and not sure of when you would need one. Truck is my ppumped 99 with a 62 over s475 with a 1.1 exhaust housing. Boost is at 78-83 psi and drive is......... Well not looked at. Had a drive Guage installed but it got sooty and stopped reading correctly. Pump is currently set at 300cc with plate all the way back but 550cc full forward. Full fuel is at 35psi via afc. Is it possible to make the same or more hp I am at now with say a external gate set to 65 psi compared to my stock internal gate making 83psi? I have always been a put it on and just run it kind of guy but if I would benefit that much from a external gate I will do it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Any one?

Primary is making 38ish psi with overall near 85psi.

Personally, I think it could help. If nothing else, it would keep that 62 happier.

Personally, I think it could help. If nothing else, it would keep that 62 happier.

That's what I was thinking but it seems I am already getting enough drive psi to turn the primary almost 40psi. Only fear is my dp. It's probably pretty high

Are you asking about an egate on the primary or secondary?

Those numbers don't look too bad. Maybe gate the primary and drop it down to 35psi or so. The secondary is fine.

Less boost ussually means less power, unless things are way out of balance.

Are you asking about an egate on the primary or secondary?

Those numbers don't look too bad. Maybe gate the primary and drop it down to 35psi or so. The secondary is fine.

Less boost ussually means less power, unless things are way out of balance.

I guess it really all depends on what my drive pressure is

Back