F1 5's Not quite..........

torqueman

I know I'm a little late with this deal but it still bugs me what happened.I bought a set of So called Mach 5's from a guy on this site that was good to deal with.I already had mach 3's in my truck so I put the new Mach 5's in expecting to get a nice jump in power and it just wasn't there.I had a feeling that they weren 't 5's and probaly more like 4's only 20 hp more than what I had in the truck.I talked with the seller with pm's and he was willing to work with me.We decided to send them to F1 to varify.Little did I know it wasn't that easy to contact F1 and with my time I didn't get them to F1 for about 10 months.Finally went thru Source and got them checked.They were as suspected a nice set of 4's.So I contacted seller again to see if he would at least help me to upgrade the 4's to 5's what I wanted in the first place.He wanted no part of it and end of story.I don't know he seems pretty knowledgable ya think he would of known they were 4's.What would you guys do in this case..............Thanx..........

Ya I know but if I would of sent back he would of probaly sold to someone else as 5's......And Bob is so busy I couldn't get them to F1 soon enough.The injectors were pulled amonth after I got to get ready to send.I guess my fault partially too........

These were my injectors. I sold them as 5's because that is what they were sold to me as. I have never run any other F1 injector so I had no reason to suspect they were not 5's. When the buyer got the injectors he said he didn't think they were as big of a jump as he thought. So I said I would work with him to make it right since I had no way to be 100% sure on the accuracy.
It was 1 year later that I was informed that they were not 5s but 4s. At this time I was asked to help pay to upgrade them. My reply was that a year is a long time to "warranty" a used part.
Had it been a month or even two I would have gladly refunded the money and ate the shipping. Even at that point I would not have paid to upgrade the injector because the price of the injectors were worth the money paid. The buyer even said that the injectors were in perfect running order when they were checked. The only problem being that they were indeed 4's and not 5's.
I even kept the pm's for nearly 8 months thinking that I may hear back since I got the feeling that I had a customer that may have been unhappy with a purchase. I thought that it was long enough to wait for them to decide.

And don't assume that I would have sold them as 5's to someone else if I had any idea that they may not be 5's. Had I gotten the injectors back I would have had them checked before selling them since there would have been a question of their size.

Last edited:
Hey crew.I know I'm at falt too.It's just I'm so busy and trying to connect with Bob to get to F1.It would have been alot easier if a guy could call directly to F1. I don't like sending parts without at least talking to someone or have some contact.I finally went thru Bill at Source and he made it so easy I wish I would of called him first.I know the 4's are worth what I paid but I wanted 5's.I just didn't want all this hassle.Didn't u say u got them off a buddy I don't know what kind of a buddy that is.I know I asked if u-ed help with upgrading I would of been happy even if u would of covered shipping.I wasn't asking for a refund.Anyways these injectors are ending up costing me a grand now plus 3 times shipping.....I'll know better next time I'll just buy new...

if my gut feeling told me it wasn't a scam, I would pay up...

I did that on a P7100 pump I sold to Jeff (thekidfan)

I don't even know who long it had been... I'd guess a year or two. He PM'd me to tell me they'd finally gotten the pump apart and it had scored plungers and barrels.

I asked him what I could do to make it right, and he was shocked that I was so quick to make it right and suggested a few hundred dollars refund and he would essentially be paying me a core price for the pump, and I sent the money right out, no questions asked. But I'd met and talked with him enough to get a good read on him and to know that he was in no way trying to pull one over on me.

I didn't go back asking for money from the person I'd bought it from because it had been like 3yrs lol

I'm with u Forest if it was me that sold the injectors not knowing they were 4's I'd definately do something about it.It's amazing how fast the time went by before I got them to F1.......

Oh and by the way guys I did complain about them right after I installed them I just couldn't get them to F1 fast enough..........

Back