F106 vs F130NX

cmagee

I know the axle of choice is the 106, but I'm tearing down a 130 right now and the housing is the same as well as the axle shaft sizes so I'm curious as to just how similar they are. Are the center section cases the same as well? And also are the chunks the same? Hopefully there is a Rockwell guru someone can point me too. Thanks guys

I know the axle of choice is the 106, but I'm tearing down a 130 right now and the housing is the same as well as the axle shaft sizes so I'm curious as to just how similar they are. Are the center section cases the same as well? And also are the chunks the same? Hopefully there is a Rockwell guru someone can point me too. Thanks guys

The pinion in the 130 is smaller then the 106. The ring gear won't swap between the 2 either. I believe the chunks are the same. The axle housings are the same, you can swap chunks between the 2 housings and I believe the axles will swap also. The 106 is a good rear for a gasser but don't like the tq of the diesels. If you run on loose sandy tracks it should live. If not the sqhd or 20-145 is a better choice as well as a couple eatons

Last edited:
Back