F106 weight/Pro Mod build

Bad Mannerz

Hooker with Bad Mannerz
I just thought I would throw this on here. I weighed my f106 rear this morning for shipping. Housing stripped, aluminum hubs, narrowed to 64", 2" shafts, 2 gallons of gear oil. It weighed 450lbs including two ratchet straps and the pallet. Just thought somebody might find the info useful.

I know its a gas build but...... Would anybody be interested in seeing a build thread started on my tube chassis Pro Modified 4wd truck? SQHD rear, FDS75 front, glass tilt body......... Making my own parts and doing it in my shop at home.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Just wondering?

Of course! Doesnt matter what fuel it runs on, we like all aspects of all builds.

Does a frog bumps it's ass every time it jumps? Yep! Then hell yes I'd like to see the build!

I just thought I would throw this on here. I weighed my f106 rear this morning for shipping. Housing stripped, aluminum hubs, narrowed to 64", 2" shafts, 2 gallons of gear oil. It weighed 450lbs including two ratchet straps and the pallet. Just thought somebody might find the info useful.

I know its a gas build but...... Would anybody be interested in seeing a build thread started on my tube chassis Pro Modified 4wd truck? SQHD rear, FDS75 front, glass tilt body......... Making my own parts and doing it in my shop at home.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Just wondering?

How come you went to SQHD?

Yes post here. So I can convince you to turn it into a super stock diesel.....

How come you went to SQHD?

Based on the chassis I will be running, the truck weight should be light enough to build a narrowed sqhd and still have the same amount of weight on the nose. Just thinking about long term with the theory of build it once, even if it takes me longer.

Glad to see folks on board to start a build thread! Thats really cool. Compression Ignition...... We talked about this..... LOL

Just use this thread if you want. I can change the name of the thread

mms_20150904_081943.jpg

One side of the front shafts, drive flange, cover and detroit from TRB MAchine.

Last edited:
DSC_0071.jpg

FDS 75 on the right. The F106 rear on the left is extra. Had to buy the pair to get the front. Still have to cut it down and do the narrowing work. As you can see.... All of the parts are from scouting around and finding whatever parts I can find used. Then doing all the work at home. Yes, some of the parts I see necessary will be new.

Wander what a d80 or aam weighs in similar form??

D80 is heavier then a 106 by 100 pounds or so. A 106 with no drums loaded is about 375.

When I get done narrowing the front and rear I'm going to weigh them and post here on the build thread for some solid information. Hopefully this will help everybody out! Should run across a lot of good info in the process.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

e0dde978ffb934132660b86263934f9f.jpg

Looks like my center chunk arrived! Guess we'll start as soon as I pick up the housing

Work, work, work. Lol. Looking forward to helping you keep that rig way out the end next season!

Back