Factory 12V Breather info

Yeah, it will vent the whole engine, because it's all connected to the same place down in the lifter galley, oil pan, etc. The whole engine is one big system, not 6 smaller ones;)

Chris

just curius

I just want to clear things up on this..... So basically the whole head breaths trough each valve cover or I you take one valve cover off or use the ungraded valve cover all of them will vent? If so why not only use on vent instead of 2?

thanks

I don't really know...maybe packaging reasons? If they put it one one, they might have had to make it taller to clear the rocker blocks, then it wouldn't be as universal??

I'd have to take a close look at mine to be sure, but that sounds good:D:D
Chris

I don't really know...maybe packaging reasons? If they put it one one, they might have had to make it taller to clear the rocker blocks, then it wouldn't be as universal??

I'd have to take a close look at mine to be sure, but that sounds good:D:D
Chris

Yes I lost you one this. From the pictures I saw all the guys use 2 duel valve covers 2&3 and 4&5 they use a single on 1&6

I just don't understand why if they are all connected why don't they go with
1 single
2&3 duel
4,5,6 all single units

or
1 single
2 single
3 single
4&5 duel
6 single

understand?

Why use 2 duel instead of 1 duel?

Yes I lost you one this. From the pictures I saw all the guys use 2 duel valve covers 2&3 and 4&5 they use a single on 1&6

I just don't understand why if they are all connected why don't they go with
1 single
2&3 duel
4,5,6 all single units

or
1 single
2 single
3 single
4&5 duel
6 single

understand?

Why use 2 duel instead of 1 duel?

I run 1 dual unit on mine...no problems, no oil on the ground from the breather at 65+psi boost and 4K+ RPM.

I guess the reason people run more than 1 set of breathers is they have more money than me, or like the look of 2?? I run 1 because that's all that's really needed, and that way I can afford to put them on my other trucks. If I had to spend $400 per truck, I would probably deal with a little oil spot.

Here's my suggestion...try 1 set...if you still get oil out of the blowby tube, then get another one! Also, remember to block the factory breahter, or you'll still have a puddle from that one;)

Chris

hhhmmm I never heard that before about blocking the oem one off. I thought that this was an extra help item:what:

If you block off the oem one at the bottom where is the oressure going to go then for the bottom end?

All of the air you need to vent is from blow by around the rings. It builds up in the crankcase. It will go anywhere it can to go out. It can go up 2 of the pushrod holes and out the valve cover. It works, just plug off the stock vent and put on 1 set of the new valve covers and all of your problems are solved.

Thanks guys for the time and help with this issue:woohoo:

Well I am thinking of putting 3 on to be different plus I will have plenty of blowby vent. In any case I want 2 on like the other guys do.:rockwoot:

You only need one, I have enough blowby that I ran out of oil on the interstate in about 2 miles of going very fast with a lot of boost.

Head gasket? Rings missing? Something is amiss. I run 80PSI when I am in it all the way and I dont lose enough to even measure. Im sure I am blowing plenty out of the blow by tube but very little liquid hits the asphalt and I leak like a sieve! Im almost as bad as a 6 leaker.

Back