Factory Leather and Woodgrain ?'s

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
My drivers seat is getting a tear in my 98 quad cab with the light grey leather. Anyone know where to get OEM matched covers?

Also, Im getting a plastic dash cap to fix my cracked one, i noticed a crack starting in my factory laramie woodgrain bezel. Anyone ever seen these for sale any where?

Having an upholstery shop match leather to what you have would be best if you just want part of it repaired.

If you wanted actual leather seat covers replacements, Katzkin would be best for anything leather, prolly wouldn't be OEM however

yea, couldnt find either. no seat stuff at all, and jsut the plain black dash piece

Having an upholstery shop match leather to what you have would be best if you just want part of it repaired.

If you wanted actual leather seat covers replacements, Katzkin would be best for anything leather, prolly wouldn't be OEM however

I just want to try and get something that matches. My rear seat is in good shape so no need to change it.

I've wondered the same thing about my 1998, I've always wanted factory gray leather seats but couldn't find them.

I had my driver seat bottom repaired. They put in a couple of new panels and dyed it to match. Looks great. I think it cost me $50.

I had the drivers seat in my 04 redone by a local upholstery shop, it was like $350. A whole new cover from Dodge was about $800. It would have been less, but mine has the suede center with Ram logo which added $100 by itself.:doh:

no one sells a wood grain bezel except maybe dodge. LMC only has black and i dont know of anyone else that sells them aftermarket. however the dashes are a great fit and finish and great value compared to dodge. may just have to loose the wood grain.

One thing though, does your 98 have the pull out head light switch, and fog light switch over on the right side of the dash? if so your screwed. cause dodge doesnt make those bezels any more and neither does LMC. they were a one year only thing. my buddies 98 12v is like that but i dont know if they changed it for the 98.5 24v so im just throwing it out there.

No, dash bezels are the same for the entire 98 model year. Another '98 oddity is the door panels are slightly different than 99-02, they're like a cross between early & late 2nd Gens.

No, dash bezels are the same for the entire 98 model year. Another '98 oddity is the door panels are slightly different than 99-02, they're like a cross between early & late 2nd Gens.

Right but wrong. 98's should all have the pull style, but the bezel is noticeably different than the 99-02 style with the rotary switch.

no one sells a wood grain bezel except maybe dodge. LMC only has black and i dont know of anyone else that sells them aftermarket. however the dashes are a great fit and finish and great value compared to dodge. may just have to loose the wood grain.

One thing though, does your 98 have the pull out head light switch, and fog light switch over on the right side of the dash? if so your screwed. cause dodge doesnt make those bezels any more and neither does LMC. they were a one year only thing. my buddies 98 12v is like that but i dont know if they changed it for the 98.5 24v so im just throwing it out there.

Right.

His is a 12v. As far as I know all 12v's have the pull switch. When they switched to the other style, they switched to a switched ground system. You can retrofit the switch, but it takes a fair amount of thinking and rewiring.

Last edited:
I bought the Laramie radio bezel used on here before for $40.

Have you done the CL search?

i have a wood grain dash bezel, pull type switch, passenger side air bag on/off switch hanging on a nail in the shop. as far as i know it has no cracks or issues. how much is it worth to you? shipping from indiana to texas shouldnt be horrible for something that small and lightweight.

Right but wrong. 98's should all have the pull style, but the bezel is noticeably different than the 99-02 style .

Yes correct. . . the 98 bezel is unique to that year, headlight switch opening is quite a bit smaller. My 98 24V has the pull style headlight switch.

Back