Factory NAV unit from 2009 Dodge

4x4dually

Anyone pulled and replace their factory navigation unit and wanna part with it? I've got a new Alpine from my old truck, but a flip down face won't install in this new one. The only dang thing I really want in the truck is the ability to play mp3's from a thumb drive. Apparently, this factory NAV unit has a front USB and an internal drive to transfer music to. I'd like to find one.

Looks like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Radio.JPG
    Radio.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 0
Anyone pulled and replace their factory navigation unit and wanna part with it? I've got a new Alpine from my old truck, but a flip down face won't install in this new one. The only dang thing I really want in the truck is the ability to play mp3's from a thumb drive. Apparently, this factory NAV unit has a front USB and an internal drive to transfer music to. I'd like to find one.

Looks like this:

attachment.php

Will the factory Nav unit drop right in and have full functionality? What is in your 2009 now? I have the sirius with the 6 disk and wished it had the aux input on it.

I'm not sure and I really don't care if the NAV functions or not. I'll never use the Sat radio either. I just want FM and the fraggin' USB input. I will have to replace the bezel with the wider opening but that is easy.

Just need to find one I can get or trade something for.

Got this currently.

Single disk CD.

attachment.php

I love how the ebay jackwads won't let you right click and copy image. They say "copyright please don't cut and paste." They are so dumb.

Actually, that isn't mine, but close. Mine DOES have a forward AUX input on it.

Attachments

• Radio2.JPG
    Radio2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Too gawd fraggin' dang much.

I need to find one someone don't want a left nard for.

Try cummins forum maybe? I also know you can find the bezels for a little cheaper if you dig around. I think Amazon was the cheapest I found unless you find somewhere parting out a truck with Nav. I was looking for one to put my Pioneer Nav into my MC before some jackleg decided to hit me.

We have a 6 CD/sat/Nav radio in our recently bought 07 and it has no USB input on it at all.

Thats pretty cool stuff, what kind of $ for them (ballpark)

Ya...what's the price on the MDF-9500-1 Universal one since they don't list anything for Dodge?

I thought 2006-2009 was the same? This is my 2007

C960B53D-641D-4A2A-9A79-6C2DDC78296C-1065-0000013C5A90AC19.jpg

B03A2B0E-2C69-4DEE-AED9-648854EF4D32-1065-0000013C38066984.jpg

I wouldn't get this for the sole purpose of navigation tho. Is subpar and hard to use. But I like the radio, cd, and other functions.

Last edited:
that looks like a 730N model, dont see many of those for sale anymore

try car-part.com?

I just want one for the sole purpose of having the front mounted USB port for music files. Some of them have it but I see that most of them don't. I've given up.

My pioneer doesn't have a front mounted one but it has a cord that has one on it. It's a Avic 90bt or something like that.

That head unit pictured in the OP is for a 4th gen body style which started in 2009 in the 1500 model. The correct NAV unit for 2006-2009 heavy duty trucks does not have an external input.

I don't know if the unit pictured in the OP is plug and play for the 2006-2009 heavy duty trucks but I would say probably not.

I just want one for the sole purpose of having the front mounted USB port for music files. Some of them have it but I see that most of them don't. I've given up.

I'm right there with you. Trying to find out if I can step up to the mygig in my 4th gen so I can use my USB or load files onto it and be done. The ones without NAV arent all that hateful on ebay, but I have to know if they will plug and play or not...

Back