Fall brawl 2011 dates set!

mikmaze

OK guys and girls we got the dates confirmed so mark you calendars. Oct. 22 and 23. This is the Club's 10th anniversary Fall Brawl.

Dave Guy Racing
901 Range End Road
Dillsburg,PA 17019

More details to follow at a later date.

:tree:

Marked ... if my truck is not broke again this year I will be spinning the rollers

How many times has that shop changed names?

3, but its no big deal, through the years you just have to roll with the changes. Im sure more diesel trucks have rolled on that Dynojet then most in the country. Ill be there for sure.

I'm curious, "Dave Guy Racing" used to be "SGS Automotive & Performance". Is the shop under new ownership, or did they just change their name? I don't want to know for any other reason except out of pure curiosity.

Thanks

3, but its no big deal, through the years you just have to roll with the changes. Im sure more diesel trucks have rolled on that Dynojet then most in the country. Ill be there for sure.

Just 3...I was thinking 5 for some reason.

As long as the support for our sport and this event doesn't change who cares what the name is. And they always have few sweet Mustangs to drool on.

Oh and I won't be there...sadly I may never make it again.

Kaufman Motor Sports - Ernie Kaufman Owns the building and had the shop. Dave Guy, Jason Staub, and George S. worked for Ernie.

SGS Automotive - Dave, Jason, and George bought the business. Ernie still owns the building and collects rent.

Dave Guy Racing - Dave bought out Jason and George and opened his own business because of a difference in philosophy and direction. Ernie still owns the building and collects rent.

So, in reality, it is basically the same shop it has always been.

Kaufman Motor Sports - Ernie Kaufman Owns the building and had the shop. Dave Guy, Jason Staub, and George S. worked for Ernie.

SGS Automotive - Dave, Jason, and George bought the business. Ernie still owns the building and collects rent.

Dave Guy Racing - Dave bought out Jason and George and opened his own business because of a difference in philosophy and direction. Ernie still owns the building and collects rent.

So, in reality, it is basically the same shop it has always been.

Thanks you sir:Cheer:

Yes thanks Greg.

For some reason I thought it was something before Kaufman...but I'm usually wrong. LOL

For some reason I thought it was something before Kaufman...but I'm usually wrong.

You are correct,you are wrong...LOL

The business the club started with way back in 2001 was originally called Kauffman Motor Sports and was at one time originally in Ernie's shop behind his house( that was the shop with the stacks on the side of it for exhaust).We held the first couple events there and actually one year over ran the neighborhood with so many trucks people were parked clean out to the street.Ernie then decided the business was getting way to large for his smallish shop so he bought the building where we have been ever since and moved the business as Kauffman Motor Sports at first.

Ernie's wifes health and him being to busy with his job led to the sale of KMS to George,Jason and Dave who then renamed it as SGS Automotive and did more than just performance work for a long time.As businesses go along as Greg stated directions change as peoples needs change and thus the split and name change again.Dave Guy Racing is still in the same place,with many of the same players and is still by far the East's premier dyno shop.

As was already stated,I can only think that possibly Dunbar would be the only dyno who may have dyno'd more trucks than DGR.We have rolled alot of quality rides across those rollers and yet the "Humbler" is still standing after all these years.

I may be there if I still have a truck that runs........Andy

For the most part you are correct. Dave Guy is Ernie Kauffman's nephew. He was the only employee at Kauffman Motor sports with the help of a few other guys who would come in and assist as needed (Rob Kauffman who was another nephew of Ernies, Matt B and Toby Skvarka). Yes Kauffman motor sports was located at Ernie and Nancy Kauffman's house but due to township issues it had to be moved. This brought about the purchase of the building along Route 15 where SGS and now DGR is now located. When Ernie was looking at getting out of Kauffman Motor Sports Dave Guy wanted to take over the business but needed more help. This is where Jason Staub (who worked for Shoemakers in Dillsburg and George Seeger who was a local who raced on the NMRA circuit with Dave into the business. Dave handled the tuning, Jason did performance and routine maintenance and George managed the office. SGS rented half of the building and another performance car "rice burner" business. To my knowledge Dave is still on the NMRA circuit running drag radial (I believe), Jason Staub drag races locally and George sold his NMRA car but was considering building another. And yes Ernie and Nancy Kauffman still own the building. Nancy has been in remission from breast cancer for a few years.

lets get to the important stuff, how hot do we want the chili this year ?

Back