Fan and a/c issue.

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
I just noticed it yesterday, but my fan doesn't kick in with the a/c. The fan works when pulling a trailer and what not, but doesn't kick in with the a/c. So setting for a period of time with the the a/c on it starts warming up in the cab.

Has anyone else seen this or is it just the way it is with these trucks?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Happens when the fan clutch gets worn out. I put a slim line fan on the condenser hood still closes! and a relay wire to the A/c Compressor or a switch in the cab. Your condition usually happens sitting in traffic or parked. Usually causes the Comp to purge due to high pressure. Sounds like you already lost Freon so top it off after the fan install!

Happens when the fan clutch gets worn out. I put a slim line fan on the condenser hood still closes! and a relay wire to the A/c Compressor or a switch in the cab. Your condition usually happens sitting in traffic or parked. Usually causes the Comp to purge due to high pressure. Sounds like you already lost Freon so top it off after the fan install!
Ok is slim line the name of the fan or just the type? I may just look into replacing the clutch.

I was having the same issue. Now my fan quit working all together. Ive been on the fence about going to electric fans.

Any slim fan will work. Be sure it's a pusher style. Electric fans don't push enough air when towing or higher horse power!

Are there any upgraded fan setups out there or just just the factory replacement?

I have a fan out of an early 90s taurus. Works just fine with my power and towing....cost like $80.

Matter of fact, no fan at all works just fine too except no ac sitting still. I only turn it on when I need the ac.

Back