Fan lock up issues

hummin cummins

I plow with my 07 mega cab. Driving down the road in 30 deg temps with the plow, it gets hot. Plowing in high range it gets hot, but plowing in low it runs normal. The fan clutch won't lock up and says low voltage. Is the clutch bad or is there a relay? Also is there any way I can wire up a way to lock it up manually? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Yes there is a white wire I believe. Search google that's how I found witch one to ground to a switch. Also check all the wiring they have issues with the fan catching the wires and tearing them up. IMO I would just get a new fan clutch and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running your plow in high range will get it hot and is hard on the tranny! Always plow in low.

pin number one I believe on the fan clutch connector

if you ground that one, the fan should come on.. far as snow plowing goes.. snow is a myth where I live.. cannot help you there...

Holy crap, the fuse for the fan was missing! #6 fuse is at the bottom of the fuse box and I have no idea in the world how it came up missing, but I replaced it and it works like a charm.

Back