Farmall splits in half

Definitely a run away pump, you could here it fluttering half way down the track and cast flywheel. That's why you need a blanket. They aren't designed to turn more then 2500 rpm. That sounded like 4000 at the end

He was lucky that the tractor wasn't moving. Locally, there was a farmall 400 with a 460 big block ford, exploded flywheel while going down the track. Split tractor in half at 20 miles an hour. He flew off the tractor and walked away from it. Very very lucky. Now non cast flywheels, tie bars, and roll cages with safety belts.

Learn from your mistakes.

Good reason for steel flywheel rules for a hot class even if it does have a rpm limit. Pump sticks, and your stock/2700/3000/3250 rpm rule does not apply.

A good friend of my fathers has a Farmall 1256 Pro Farm tractor, that 2 years ago had a DT407 in it. He built a 466 for it and sold the 407 out west with a cast iron flywheel. Rumor was that the new owner pulled the tractor with the cast iron fly wheel. The fly wheel came appart and cut the tractor in half. I wonder if this is the tractor!

I didn't watch but I assume its the 1206 that was way to hot for not having any safety equip, and a cast flywheel!

It happened so fast he didn't have time to crap his pants. It was after he saw the video on youtube when he had to change his undies

His first attempt is normally how I start my pulls off.
Hmmm, won't take off in this gear? Lets just slip the sh!t out of the clutch! :hehe:

Back