Fass 150/180 pickup tube

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
i just orded a fass 150/180, and when i look at the intruction you your website it has the new pickup tube being installed by drilling a hole in the tank. i have a titan fuel tank which is alot thicker than a stock one. i would rather put the pickup tube in the sending unit. is it possible.

Fuzzys69 said:
i just orded a fass 150/180, and when i look at the intruction you your website it has the new pickup tube being installed by drilling a hole in the tank. i have a titan fuel tank which is alot thicker than a stock one. i would rather put the pickup tube in the sending unit. is it possible.

If you can get it to fit, sure. BUT i have had some folks do this and they started running out of fuel under low tank situations due to the fuel cup could not refresh fast enough to keep the FASS full of fuel. SO...might want to keep that in mind if you choose to do this.

The problem is i have a titan fuel tank, and its about a 1/2"to 3/4" thick alot thicker than the stock one. will it still work if i drill it in that thick of a tank?

1/2" -3/4"? WOW! That is thick.....um...our current style tube kit prob will not work on something that thick. You might look for a bulk head fitting and use that if you wish to drill the tank. I hope they dont make that out of steel...that thing would weigh a ton!

I just measured it, its a 1/2" thick. heres a pic of it. this isnt my tank but i found it on another site. but mines identical to it.
what would you recommond it do?

Attachments

• IMG_4020.jpg
    IMG_4020.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4022.jpg
    IMG_4022.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
Whats the pickup tube made of? my buddy cut mine to short, and i need to get another one today. Also need to know what size it is, and what size threads.
thanks

Last edited:
Fuzzys69 said:
Whats the pickup tube made of? my buddy cut mine to short, and i need to get another one today. Also need to know what size it is, and what size threads.
thanks

Just standard 1/2" Iron pipe with a 3/8 NPT on one end...I would say about 20" would be way more then enough......

Back