Fass Install routing help urgent

zrultima

Guys I am stuck on my fass install I took it to a shop and they ruined the whole thing I would like to know how the routing is once you have to tee the lines /i see the ofv has a hard steel line and goes into a rubber hose. I had removed the lift pump and heater but i am stuck on how to do this correctly. Pics help thank you in advance

I did all those but that last part on how they tee of the ofv line the injector return line and the return line is very vague all I need assistance on is how did you get the ofv line teed??

Yes and blocked off the old lift pump I just would like to see how the tee was routed a picture would be great the more detailed the better I just want to make sure I am doing this right. The hose going to the OFV is the one that has me stumped since I see it a steel line

From their manual:
"The return line from the injectors must be T’d into the return line of
the injection pump. Assemble the T-fitting with 2 HB-14516 and the
CP-1003 compression fitting/ PB-14316 bushing using thread tape.
Remove the rubber hoses attached to the Injector Pump Return line
and Injector Return lines. Reuse clamps. Install FL-1056 fuel line
from steel inj. return line to the T fitting, secure with HC-4001
clamp provided in kit and factory clamp. Install the rest of the fuel
line from the T fitting to the factory steel line at the frame. Cut Injector
Return line (measure twice, cut once), slip on compression
nut, ferrule; hold line tight to T fitting and tighten nut to 18 ft./lbs.
Secure hoses."

Just tee the return out of the ppump, and the injector return line. Then take that and put it into the 'R' port on the FASS.

Obviously the 'E' port goes to one of the two supply ports on the pump.
And the 'T' port goes to the fuel tank.

I have read their manual I have a beans diesel sump so I teed the return by the tank

[ame="http://s11.photobucket.com/user/zrultima/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/20150326_073656_zpsfpwnrbgm.jpg.html"]20150326_073656_zpsfpwnrbgm.jpg Photo by zrultima | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s11.photobucket.com/user/zrultima/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/20150326_073633_zps9yvvjjlq.jpg.html"]20150326_073633_zps9yvvjjlq.jpg Photo by zrultima | Photobucket[/ame]

I normally build an aluminum block just aft of the injection pump, line in and line out then put the injector return on top of the block. So basically drill and tap to what ever size you have and drill and tap the injector banjo on top.

Yeah I am trying to make this as simple as possible for me I was trying to see on how to route that tee to the ofv do I remove the rubber hose already on there and use the one they supplied its just an extremely tight tight fit in between the injection pump I wanted to know how you guys did it

Has anyone ever plugged the return on the FASS and dropped the return above the pick up in the tank/sump like new cars do? Keeps the sump higher and less likely to suck air. I never understood why the FASS has a return. Seems like it'd make it hotter and fail pumps sooner.

I never understood why the FASS has a return. Seems like it'd make it hotter and fail pumps sooner.

its actually to keep the pump cool by circulating fuel vs dead heading the pump. it does seem like it would get to the point of diminishing returns.

its actually to keep the pump cool by circulating fuel vs dead heading the pump. it does seem like it would get to the point of diminishing returns.

I'm not saying dead heading. I'm saying that return fuel is hot (or at least warm), and so make the return line longer and dump it back in the tank, so it keeps the sump higher, and even if you're not using a sump (or you are) it's going to make all your fuel to the pump come from the tank and in turn, be cooler than having the return built in.
At least that's how it works in my head.

Thread hijacked lol can anyine show me a detailed pic of the tee routing

What part don't you understand? The line from your OFV and the line from your injectors come together. Then you run them into the 'R' port on the FASS.

Seems to me that the pumps should be controlled by the throttle position so they only pump what they need to plus a safety percentage at idle. If you mash the throttle, the pump would go from idle to max flow before most engines would ever get RPMS that high to burn it all and starve. But that is just me and I like to make things way more complicated than they need to be.

I have a beans sump so there is no R that's why do I run it back to the return steel line for the tank?

Man you are brain f@&king this to death!! No one bit you is talking about the sump. We're just talking about the FASS pump. Do you have the pump and filters or just the pump? Just take some pictures show us what you have going pump wise. If you can't figure pictures out...... Well you're screwed. Rank off!

The return line on the pump i have it teed to the filer neck the inlet side on the pump is goes direct to the sump. I just likento see how they attach the 3/8hose that comes with the kit to the ofv thats it

Back