FASS question

OK right now I have a 2001 dodge an I have the FASS 150. Im about to sell my 01 and get a common rail and I have been told that the FASS systems are the same for like my truck and a common rail? I didnt think they would be I thought a common rail had to flow alot more than mine? Or do I just need to just get a bigger spring for the FASS? Thank and IM sure I will have lots more questions since I will be going to a cr.

Kevin

The newer kits support 1998.5-2004. The only difference in the 2004.5-2007 5.9L kit is they include a draw straw/stand tube because they have in tank pumps in most cases.
You should be good to go.

Ok so I just need to get a draw straw and should be ok? Do I not need to put a bigger spring in the pump?

before i owned the 05 that i have now, i had an 01 like you. i had a fass95(pump only system) on the 01 and just recently put it on my 05. All i did was contact eric at vulcan performance and he set me up w/ everything i needed. basically all i needed was a draw straw, new wiring harness, new fuel line and fittings. the 05-07 wiring harness are different from the 01 harness'(not sure about the 03-04.5). the wiring harness will work from your 01 but i requires some modification. to avoid the hassle i just bought a new harness altogether(wh-1004). your FASS pump will definitely work on your future common rail, and no pump modification need.

Back